Ice Cold Theme for MVP 07

turma

This is something I have tried to start a while now. I'm trying to work on a whole new theme for the game, to make the menus, backgrounds and the whole general feel of the game brand new, like 07 mod does for the gameplay. It was cool to have new screens after the install but they still don't really bring anything brand new to the game.

What I'm trying to do is to make the interface feel different by creating a whole new cobalt blue typed theme, highlighting the league's best players as backgrounds. I'm also bringing a new type of music to change the atmosphere as well with some of my favourite dance, techno and hosue songs. The whole theme is supposed to be a little more futuristic.

Here's what the whole thing is supposed to include.

• New menu backgrounds
    New splash screens and CTS
    New loading screens
    New menu music

Here is an early preview of what them should look like:

mvpmenup1.jpg

I'll also need some help for this to be finished, I won't be able to do it without any advice.

First, I can do it myself eventually, but I couldn't get the menu screens to work on couple of first tries without crashing. Is there a tutorial or a special method they should be imported, or a specific file type etc.?

Second, if anyone wants a player to be on a screen, I would really really appreciate it if you could send me a good high res picture or even better a PSD cutout I coulud use.

Thirdly, is there a list anywhere here that explains what files in the backgrounds pack are associated with (for example 58 is the CTS...)?

Let's hope I can get myself with finishing this :toothless:

I really like this idea, we could have themed music and themed .loc files and stuff, that could really give a new feel to the game. Great idea.

I want to revise your list a bit.... You want to just change the frontend but I think it would be pretty cool to revise the gameplay a bit too.

For example:

-Icy bats

-Ice overlay

-Cold related walk-up-music

-Edit the hot/cold/mediocre zone images of the batting box to have like different effects, like instead of the cold zone being blue it could have frost, and the hot zone could have flames, etc

-New menu backgrounds

-New splash screens and CTS

-New loading screens

-New menu music

For the images, I like your start, but I don't think just covering everything with blue is going to cut it. Do effects like adding frost, that sort of thing, make the actual image stand out, etc.

If tastefully done, this could add a whole great new feel to the game.

Looks nice but can you release 2 versions when it is a finished? One with music and one without. I am not sure how closely the music will be incorporated into the other stuff and would hate to mess something up when trying to remove the songs. Looking forward to more preview pictures.

Archived