Amazing online battle

Gordo

My bro and I have been battling online for some time now (with our own particular sliders). We always try to come up with some new creative contests each time. This time around we each picked 7 franchises for AL vs. NL, with one team having a 2/3 series vs. the other. Overall, you must win 4/7 series to take it all. However, you must each pick an MLB, AAA and AA for your particular franchise for a particular 2/3 series. So if we go the full 7 sets, we'll each have named an MLB, AAA and AA team from our franchise who will host. The 7th set, if it goes that far, will be an MLB matchup (currently slated as Phi. @ Det). With my being one set up, having the MLB Twins come back and take games 2 and 3 vs. the LAD, he decided to take the Cardinals vs. the Blue Jays. What a masterpiece it was! 21 hits, 2 errors and 12 pitchers before it was decided on a walk off double by Scott Rolen, who was previously 0-5, scoring Chris Duncan from 1st, when Jays' LF Reed Johnson misplayed the ball rolling left to right on the fence. Ohka gave up the hits having only entered the game in the 12. Earlier, PH'er Greg Zahn could have put the Jays up 3-0 in the 11th as he took a 2-2 count to the warning track with 2 outs and 2 on, but Cards LF'er Duncan made the running catch right at the wall! The Cards gambled to take the lead early as starter Chris Carpenter, who was pitching a 3 hit gem through 5 innings, was set down for a PH. Also, in a surprise move, Jim Edwards was also set down for defensive reasons for So Taguchi who actually later gave up a bloop single and almost cost the Cards the lead. The Cards won the contest 1-0.

Archived