California Dreaming...A Los Angeles Dodgers Dynasty

endeavor

Well, I know I cannot expect any followers immediately. I have been guilty of one too many aborted Dynasties. I feel ya RemembrZito75. However, after countless slider adjustments with my "unofficial" Athletics Dynasty, I have now gotten to a point, where all the stats seem very realistic. I played 80 games myself, and then simmed the rest, just to see how it would pan out. Just a quick report: Ortiz, HR champ with 51 (less than Howard last year), Howard RBI champ with 140 and Juan Pierre with 52 stolen bases, also in 1st. The rest seems very accurate as well and after getting over my quarrels, such as deciding what league to pick, I decided on the NL. I am an avid AL fan, and believe the unchartered territory and hitting with the pitcher will add to the challenge. I have lived in California for over 9 years now, and decided on the "THINK BLUE" team. I like the young talent they have and the tight races in the NL West in recent history were very tempting. BTW, in my "Ghost Season", the Padres won the division, 1.5 games ahead of the Dodgers, who in turn were one game ahead of the Giants. I am confident this one will stick and here is the main info:

L.A. DODGERS DYNASTY:

Difficulty: All-Star (self adjusted sliders)

Fielding: Manual

Trades: Real Life, but I do hold the option of conducting my own trade(s) if absolutely necessary.

I am starting with the current rosters, meaning Barrett is in San Diego, Garciaparra on third, etc.

In the end, all I can do is show that I am serious about this one, even if there won't be daily updates, depending on my own schedule. Hope it'll grab someone's interest. I will be using www.dynastymanager.com and am working on my page as we speak, ah, write.

Enough already, let's play BALL!!!

Cheers :balloons:

All the leaves are brown

(All the leaves are brown)

And the sky is gray.

(And the sky is gray).

I've been for a walk

(I've been for a walk)

On a winter's day.

(On a winter's day).

I'd be safe and warm

(I'd be safe and warm)

if I was in L.A.

(If I was in L.A.)

California dreamin'

(California dreamin') on such a winter's day.

Stopped in to a church I passed along the way.

Well I got down on my knees

(got down on my knees)

And I pretend to pray.

(I pretend to pray).

You know the preacher liked the cold.

(preacher liked the cold).

He knows I'm gonna stay.

(knows I'm gonna stay).

California dreamin'

(California dreamin') on such a winter's day.

(Bridge)

All the leaves are brown

(All the leaves are brown)

And the sky is gray.

(And the sky is gray).

I've been for a walk

(I've been for a walk)

On a winter's day.

(On a winter's day).

If I didn't tell her

(If I didn't tell her)

I could leave today.

(I could leave today).

California dreamin' (California dreamin')on such a winter's day,

California dreamin' on such a winter's day,

California dreamin' on such a winter's day.

Good luck :[ though I have to root against you, and hope you do awful and the Padres take the division, but i hope you lose closely though :p

Haha on a serious note, good luck with the dynasty and hope you stick to it! I will be following

Alright my Dynastymanager.com site is all set up for my 2007 Dodgers and I am very happy with the look of it. I will start the opening series in Milwaukee tonight and should have the reports ready tomorrow. Stay tuned!!

Thanks JoeRudi26!!

Ok, as you can tell by my sig, the Dynasty is up and running. Starting with Game 1 right after this post. You can check out the layout and what it will look like by clicking on my SIG, or right here:

http://www.dynastymanager.com/dm360.cgi?u=endeavor&s=mlb

ESPN Power Rankings, etc. etc. all included!!

Look for the 3 game opening series report tomorrow!!

• 7 months later...

Wanted to get some opinions on the upcoming 2008 season. :yeah:

Given some very interesting transactions in recent months, I was wondering if you Dynasty Lovers will do business as usual, meaning, take your favorite team and lead them to glory, or will you choose a team that you would normally not play with. (hell, even the Astros lineup looks pretty decent all of a sudden)

I am looking into the latter option. For example, the Tigers, especially being a hardcore RED SOX fan, are basically my enemy :mrgreen: But now, having added Cabrera and Willis I might just go with them. Would love to hear what you guys think.

I am planning on starting a dynasty this week. Got the new rosters and still love the 07 Mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I received enough help in the past and didn't want to start another thread because I have a personal technical issue. The game kept continuously crashing, but was not roster related. I re-installed everything and kept my DodgersDynasty file, but it still crashed.

Erased my registry, completely redid it all and simulated through two seasons with four different teams. No crash!! The rosters are as of 3/17/08. Spungo's uniforms, ALL-STAR with adjusted tough sliders, manual fielding!

However, this Dodgers Dynasty is done, and I am not about to replay 2 months worth of a season. Time for an AL team. I might wait for MVP 08, I might start before, but it's between TB, BAL, SEA and CWS.

Archived