A Quest for Supremacy-The 2007 MLB Playoffs

rambo

A Quest for Supremacy- The 2007 MLB Playoffs

With all the playoff hype that is occuring at the moment, I feel it is only fitting to take on this format as a different type of dynasty. Myself and my friend, (Lago, member of MVP Mods) have been discussing a way to recreate them. So, we're taking on the MLB Playoffs, IP-IP style. We are both of similar skill levels and we are hoping that this will be successful and interesting for you guys to follow.

We will be previewing the different series/games and providing recaps, images and boxscores for you to follow with.

We hope you enjoy it.

2007 Division Series Schedule/Results

NLDS Game 1-COL 3 - PHI 10

ALDS Game 1- LAA 0 - BOS 7

NLDS Game 1- CHC 3 - ARI 0

NLDS Game 2- COL 3 - PHI 0

ALDS Game 1- NYY 4 - CLE 9

NLDS Game 2- CHC 4 - ARI 2

ALDS Game 2- NYY 7 - CLE 0

ALDS Game 2- LAA 0 - BOS 4

NLDS Game 3- ARI 1 - CHC 3

NLDS Game 3- PHI 9- COL 5

ALDS Game 3- BOS 0 - LAA 1

ALDS Game 3- CLE 2 - NYY 3

ALDS Game 4- CLE 1- NYY 2

NLDS Game 4- PHI 3 - COL 4

ALDS Game 4- BOS 2 - LAA 1

NLDS Game 5- COL 5 - PHI 1

NLDS Game 1 Preview- Rockies (90-73, 2nd in NL West, Wildcard winners) @ Phillies (89-73, 1st in NL East)

Pitching Matchup

COLORADO-Jeff Francis (Reg. Season- 17-9, 4.22 ERA)

PHILADELPHIA-Cole Hamels (Reg. Season- 15-5, 3.39 ERA)

Red hot Colorado come to Citizens Bank Park for just their 2nd postseason in the club's history, after defeating Trevor Hoffman and the San Diego Padres, they will oppose the Philadelphia Phillies, who made up a seven game deficit in the last few weeks of the season to win the NL East for the first time since 1993.

In the pitching matchup, two young dynamic lefties (Francis + Hamels) go to work in a hitter friendly park.

Game 1 figures to be won by the team with the best offense.

ALDS Game 1 Preview- Angels (94-69, 1st in AL West) @ Red Sox (96-66, 1st in AL East)

Pitching Matchup

LOS ANGELES-John Lackey (Reg. Season- 19-9, 3.01 ERA)

BOSTON-Josh Beckett (Reg. Season- 20-7, 3.27 ERA)

Boston, winners of their first AL East title since 1995, host the Los Angeles Angels who appear in the postseason for the first time since 2005 after blitzing a sub-par AL West field.

Arguably the two top Cy-Young candidates in the American League square off in what is expected to be an epic pitchers duel.

John Lackey has struggled at Fenway Park in his career, and the key for both sides will be to rattle the starters early to get into the bullpen.

NLDS Game 1 Preview- Chicago Cubs (85-77, 1st in NL Central) @ Arizona Diamondbacks (90-72, 1st in NL West)

Pitching Matchup

CHICAGO-Carlos Zambrano (Reg. Season- 18-13, 3.95 ERA)

ARIZONA-Brandon Webb (Reg. Season- 18-10, 3.01 ERA)

The Cubs, the major league team with the longest active streak without a world series win, head to the desert to face the baby-faced D-Backs. The D-Backs underwent a uniform change and a drastic personnel change in 2007, and under the guidance of Bob Melvin they picked up 90 wins to win the NL West.

The Cubs produced a strong second half to overpower the Brewers in the final week. Timely hitting from Aramis Ramirez, Derrek Lee and Alfonso Soriano along with solid pitching performances proved to be the difference.

Game 1 sees two 18 game winners square off, with the power of Carlos Zambrano taking on the sinker-baller Brandon Webb. If Webb keeps the ball down and gets a lot of groundouts, he will be tough to beat.

NLDS Game 2 Preview- Colorado Rockies @ Philadelphia Phillies- Phillies lead series 1-0

Pitching Matchup

COLORADO-Franklin Morales (Reg. Season- 3-2, 3.43 ERA)

PHILADELPHIA- Kyle Kendrick (Reg. Season- 10-4, 3.87 ERA)

In a match up of two rookies, Franklin Morales takes on Kyle Kendrick at The Bank.

Morales was called up to the Rockies mid season, and provided some life to the rotation, turning heads with his high 90s fastball and excellent curve.

Kendrick provided some stability in a Phillies rotation that was struck by injuries and ineffectiveness during the early part of the season, also called up mid-season, Kendrick filled in adequately and has proven himself enough for Charlie Manuel to hand him the ball in Game 2.

The Rockies will be trying to avoid heading back to Coors 0-2, and the Phillies will be looking to take another big step toward the NLCS.

A Quest for Supremacy- The 2007 MLB Playoffs

With all the playoff hype that is occuring at the moment, I feel it is only fitting to take on this format as a different type of dynasty. Myself and my friend, (Lago, member of MVP Mods) have been discussing a way to recreate them. So, we're taking on the MLB Playoffs, IP-IP style. We are both of similar skill levels and we are hoping that this will be successful and interesting for you guys to follow.

We will be previewing the different series/games and providing recaps, images and boxscores for you to follow with.

We hope you enjoy it.

Well, another original idea by rambo and Lago. I don't want to come off like i'm copying you or anything, but i was thinking of something like this, just not ip-to-ip, and instead of the Phillies making it, it wouldve been the Mets, But oh well, i'm definetley following! Keep it up! :wtg:

Well, another original idea by rambo and Lago. I don't want to come off like i'm copying you or anything, but i was thinking of something like this, just not ip-to-ip, and instead of the Phillies making it, it wouldve been the Mets, But oh well, i'm definetley following! Keep it up! :wtg:

Thanks a lot man, I don't care if you go ahead and do your thing, I just hope you enjoy this.

ALDS Game 1 Preview- New York Yankees (94-68, 2nd in AL East, Wildcard Winners) @ Cleveland Indians (96-66, 1st in AL Central)

Pitching Matchup

NEW YORK–Chien-Ming Wang (Reg. Season- 19-7, 3.70 ERA)

CLEVELAND-C.C. Sabathia (Reg. Season- 19.7, 3.21 ERA)

The New York Yankees head into the 2007 postseason in uncharted waters, failing to win the AL East for the first time since 1995. They will look to shake off dismal ALDS performances in the previous 2 seasons and take steps towards winning title number 27.

The Yankees and Indians both send their aces to the hill, two pitchers who will figure very prominently in the Cy Young voting when the envelope is opened later this year.

Both Wang and Sabathia won 19 games in 2007. Wang will look to over power the Indians with his power sinker, and the key for the Sabathia will be his heat.

Alex Rodriguez, who will be unchallenged when the MVP votes are tallied will look to shake his playoff choker tag after a mammoth regular season for the Yankees.

Lago has the Rockies, but after the slaughter of Game 1, I feel quite confident that the Phillies will advance.

no need 2 worry joe smith. ill take care of the phillies for u :D

NLDS Game 2 Preview- Chicago Cubs @ Arizona Diamondbacks- Cubs lead series, 1-0.

Pitching Matchup

CHICAGO- Ted Lilly (Reg. Season- 15-8, 3.83 ERA)

ARIZONA- Doug Davis (Reg. Season- 13-12, 4.25 ERA)

Two lefty finesse pitchers square of in Game 2 of the NLDS at Chase Field, with the Cubs looking to head to Wrigley up 2 games to none and be one win away from the NLCS.

Both pitchers changed teams for the 2007 season, Lilly signing a 40 million dollar free-agent deal with the Chicago Cubs, and Doug Davis heading to Arizona from the Brewers in their trade for Johnny Estrada.

These two pitchers are very hittable, but given Arizona’s weak offensive display in Game 1, it seems as though the Cubs will have the upper-hand.

Arizona’s “Baby Backs†will have a point to prove in Game 2, and they will hope to come out all guns blazing.

Archived