yankees about to resign Cano. Thoughts???

emanuelsaavedra

Its being reported that the Yankees are close to resigning Robinson cano. Is this a big deal for the Yankees. I am personally a big Cano fan, the guy plays hard and keeps his mouth shut. Besides hes one of the most talented hitters in the game. I think that this is one of the best signings for the Yankess this year. They are about to lock in a perennial all star.

Definitely, of course it's a big deal for the Yankees. Don't get me wrong, there are some flaws in his game, and he is by no means perfect at this point in his career, but given his age, and the fact that he's with the Yankees, he has an enormous amount of space to develop his already great skills even further and become not only a great hitting, but also a great fielding, second baseman. Yankees.com were reporting he asked for $4.55 million as part of the arbitration process and the Yankees had offered $3.2 million, so it'll be interesting to see what the final amount is. I'd guess at around $3.8-3.9 million, but given that Cano wanted to stay as a Yankee, I can see the front office using that and it possibly going down to $3.5-3.6 million.

Yankees.com is now reporting that they are close to a 4-year deal worth $30 million with club options for up to 2 years. Seems like quite a high figure, given the arbitration offers.

Wang and Bruney are also arbitration eligible. The Yankees and Chien-Ming Wang were $600,000 out on their offers. Bruney...I can't remember. Don't really care, either. ;)

I really like the direction that these Yankees are going. When they had that run in the late 90s they did it with home grown talent, not with big name free agents. So i like to see them trying to get younger and holding on to their young players. I am really excited about their future. They have a few good pitchers in there. They have a lineup that will be good for a few more years and a good bunch of players in their farm system who can be big bats in the future, like for example Miranda, the cuban first baseman that they have who did really well in the minors last year.

I know that this is a really crazy idea. And please im writng it here to see what you guys think would make it better. But if i were the Yankees i would try to make a trade with the Angels for Kendry Morales, and someone like Brandow Wood. I mean, i know that the Yankees are full of really hard to trade players. But Giambi is not getting any younger, and Morales can be a great utility guy with a heck of a bat until Giambi goes away or gets hurt, and once they get a better defensive prospect at first they could throw Morales in the outfield or as a DH. What do you all think about that?

Haha, ive got nothing against Giambi, but there is a reality hes old and hes not worth his salary anymore. I know that Giambi would be untradable, but there are guys like Matsui who are still very productive players and the yankees has a surplus in the outfield with Cabrera, Damon, Matsui, and Abreu, besides they also have a couple of prospects that might be ready soon. I think that Morales could be a great addition to the team, if anyone got hurt, he could fill a gap in the corners or the outfield, otherwise you would have him as a backup with a great bat, not a bad deal for anyone.(heck ive seen kendry pitch and he had a 90+ fastball)(no im not saying hes a pitcher, just talking about his versatility)

Archived