Red Revolution - A 2008 Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

philthepat

game6score.png

game6.png

Cincinnati, OH

In what proved to be a bittersweet victory for the Reds this evening, they improved their record to an impressive 5-1 with a close win against the Chase Utley led Phillies.

The game started with what turned out to be a huge blow to the Reds rotation. Ace pitcher Aaron Harang was taken out of the game after 2/3 of an inning after being hit by a comebacker on his left leg. After the game, the full extent of the injury came out. Harang has a fractured tibia and will be out for 3 to 4 months. He was immediately placed on the 60 day DL.

The Reds front office said they are in the process of making the right moves to cover for this huge loss. Speaking after the bad news broke, manager Dusty Baker said,

'Losing Aaron is devastating for us. To lose our ace just six games into the season one of the worst things that can happen. But we have cover, thats the most important thing. We will make sure this will have minimal damage on our season. Some of the younger guys will have to step up, and I have every faith in them to do so.'

This injury is sure to press forward the Reds persuit of finding a new lefty starter. Other bad news is that young southpaw Bobby Livingston is also out for several months after being injured in his first AAA start. The Reds have also been heavily linked with Brad Halsey, and it will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days.

On the brighter side in this game, coming out of the bullpen to replace Harang was Gary Majewski. He was solid, pitching 5.2 innings and giving up just the one earned run on a solo shot. He was also helped out by some stellar defense, with Brandon Phillips making web gem after web gem.

After Cordero had blown two consecutive save chances, and with Ryan Howard and Chase Utley due up, the Reds went to Bill Bray to try and shut the door. He was very impressive in a clean 1-2-3 inning, and earnt his first career save.

game6box.png

The final game of this four game series sees Bronson Arroyo face off against Cole Hamels in which the Reds will be looking to take the series. They then move on to a 9 game road trip starting in Milwaukee.

As I told you before is better sign Garcia, he is guarantee of a lots of innings

I agree, he'd be a good pickup. The only reason why i havnt yet is because i really want a lefty in the rotation, and he's asking for nearly $10m! :eek:

But we'll see...

game7score.png

game7.png

Cincinnati, OH

There's a cliche that says you should start as you mean to go on. Unfortunately, Bronson Arroyo didn't get that memo. After a rough first inning, the Reds just fell short of coming back despite what turned out to be a quality start for Arroyo. They split the four game series with the Phillies.

Things started well. Chase Utley was out on the first pitch with a deep out to center. But then Arroyo lost control, and after a single and a walk, Pedro Feliz continued his hot start to the season by blasting a shot over the fence in left field for a three run shot. This would be all the offense the Phillies would get on the day.

Unfortunately for the Reds, Cole Hamels decided he'd fancy a win today. Pitching six strong innings, and allowing just the four hits and two runs, Hamels earned the win and this impressed Reds manager Dusty Baker.

'He's an exciting kid. The Phil's have a real gem there. We tried to come back against him, but he held strong and credit to him, he did what he needed for his team. I think he defense helped him out a lot though, we never seemed to get any breaks.'

One worrying thing for the start of the year is the form of Ken Griffey Jr. Hitting just .143 so far this year, things aren't going well for the future hall of fame outfielder. But the man himself is not worried,

'Hard to say right now. Im not feeling good about it, thats for sure. Guys are playing well around me, and im not really getting it done. But that'll change, dont you worry. I just need to get some good swings at the ball.'

In what seems to be an ever increasing injury list, Edwin Encarnacion suffered a seperated shoulder and will be out for eight weeks. He picked up the injury sliding into third base, and will be a huge loss for the Reds. He was immediately placed on the 60 day DL.

game7box.png

The Reds move on to Milwaukee to face the Brewers, who have started the year 3-3. The probable pitching matchups are as follows:

Game 1: Jered Weaver(1-0, 1.50) vs Yovani Gallardo(0-1, 4.50)

Game 2: Edinson Volquez(0-0, 2.46) vs Jeff Suppan(0-0, 10.80)

Game 3: Manny Parra(0-0, 0.00) vs Carlos Villanueva(0-0, 4.70)

Nice dynasty. I'm a Reds fan so I shall be following this. I thought the Dunn deal was solid (although I think the Halos wouldn't have agreed to give up Wood, giving up Aybar or Izturis instead...but its still realistic).

But Gil and Janish for Parra? No way the Brewers would give up this young lefty to a division rival. But hey...if it happened in real life, I wouldn't argue :)

sweet dynasty, how do you get the boxscores to be images?

Boxscore extractor, print screen, paste...

How do you get your pants to go so low on the game, what mod is that

Now that just sounds wrong... :mrgreen:

(i think its probably a remodelled pants mod, should be easy enough to find in the DL section...)

EDIT: Here: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4403.html

Ill post another update in a few hours, ive been distracted by wallbangers damn interactive dynasty... (yes im blaming him)

Boxscore extractor, print screen, paste...

Now that just sounds wrong... :mrgreen:

(i think its probably a remodelled pants mod, should be easy enough to find in the DL section...)

EDIT: Here: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4403.html

Ill post another update in a few hours, ive been distracted by wallbangers **** interactive dynasty... (yes im blaming him)

Yeah, blame wallbanger for everything wrong with the team...lmao Oh wait, thats Blades fault....I stand corrected :D

Speaking of which, you have only posted 3 times? maybe? You cant be that distracted :lol:

Archived