Three editing questions

DylanBradbury

Three questions:

I am interested in changing the name of some of the teams in MVP Baseball 2005.

If I import the .MBE file with MVPEdit, and then open the file in Access, and change the name there, reopen with MVPEdit, and export, will the game's database be corrupt, and will I be able to play the game?

As well, how do I change the home stadium for a team? For example, let's say I wanted to change Washington's Stadium to Montreal's Olympic Stadium. How would I do that?

Last question, if I edit items in the red box, will I end up with corrupt game file?

What about the other options, outside of the box?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions...

If you want updated team names, download my FEENG.LOC and IGENG.LOC package from the downloads section.

To update your own team names, just open the aforementioned .LOC files in LocLook, also in the downloads section, and modify them as you wish. A lot of the in-game text is in the .LOC files.

A. Changing team names

If you want the team name to show up properly in MVPEdit, you must change the name in the roster team.dat file. This can be edited with a text editor.

--------------------------------------------

B. Changing home stadium

To make Olympic Stadium the home stadium for Washington do the following:

1. Take the Olympic Stadium file (olymdome.big) and copy it to RFK Stadium (rfksday.big and rfksnite.big).

2. To make sure that the camera angles are correct in this stadium, you also need to extract the olymdome.txt file from your MVP Baseball 2005 data datafile datafile.big using a tool like EAGraph or BigGUI.

Make two copies of the .txt file. Name one "rfksday.txt" and the other one "rfksnite.txt". Move these two files to your MVP Baseball 2005 data folder.

3. Using LocLook, edit the two .LOC files that Mark mentioned and change "RFK Stadium" to "Olympic Stadium".

--------------------------------------------

C. Editing manager information

You can edit the manager information (inside the red box) and information outside of the box without corrupting the file. You just need to be aware of two things:

1. If you change the manager face ID and the face is not in the models.big file, the game will crash

2. MVPEdit has problems saving changes to the manager info. Specifically, there are things that you may change, but if you export the rosters and then reimport them into MVPEdit, you will find that your changes are not there. Examples, are body type, bone profile, etc. If you really want to change these items, you have to manually edit the rosters manager.dat file with a text editor.

Archived