Site trouble

snepp

Well, I couldn't tell you what the problem was (or if it is truly gone) but everything appears to be OK now. Sorry about that for those that came visiting.

Problem started at 6 PM, started getting intermittent server errors, then it was done. The Apache service took a crap (overloaded somehow?). Trues contacted them initially and I called them 6 hours later. The site was then back up, although only temporarily (2 minutes or so) and then boom, everything was down (including ftp access).

It's back again now, 2:30 AM, hopefully for good. We'll see...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just recycle this thread.

Today at 11 AM the server went down the crapper again. Funny that it happened at the exact same time last Saturday. 1and1's support is poor at best, we're looking at other hosting options.

Sorry,

snepp

Imagine that, for the 3rd week in a row the site has started having MySQL memory errors at roughly 11 AM central time.

I've temporarily disabled the downloads module in hopes of avoiding an extended downtime this afternoon. Since Trues is out of town I'll have to get on the horn with 1and1 (their customer support is still awful).

Archived