Kings of New York - A 2008 Brooklyn Kings Dynasty

NeoMExelor

I'd like to just open up by saying that I apologize for my Mariners Dynasty failure, but my MVP 05 disk for the Gamecube was messed up without reason, so any dynasty idea was haulted.

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE WASHINGTON OWNERSHIP

NLE-WAS-Logo.png

We'd just like to sadly announce that, as of October 25th, 2007, we've decided that a franchise in Washington is just not feasible. Unfortunately, we've lost all funding on the almost-complete new ballpark. This is a culmination of all of our frustrations, for the funds available for the franchise were not even that great either, because of the fans not filling the stands. We hope that the ballpark will eventually be completed for something else.

However, we have decided to move, due to the need of a "impartial team" there, to the city of New York. Our team shall become the "Brooklyn Kings". In New York, we shall reach financial success to field a winning team. New York is also strategic, because, not only is it midway between Montreal and Washington, our two former homes, but it will serve as a place for fandom for those who cannot pick any of the following teams: the Pirates, Phillies, Yankees, Mets, Blue Jays, and Red Sox. We hope that our new franchise will be successful in Brooklyn.

The new Brooklyn Kings organization has announced their plans:

For the 2008 and 2009 seasons, the Brooklyn Kings will be playing in a park known as "Chevron Field", a minor-league type ballpark up in Westchester County.

From 2010 onward we shall play in the unprecedented Chrysler Field, a replica of the Polo Grounds. We're shifting in this direction because the nature of players today: power hitting is down, and the speed factor is up. We have some fast players ourselves in our Brooklyn ballclub. Chrysler Field will accommodate this by tending for speed-style baseball instead of power hitting.

Kings add another team to Lofton's long list

Brooklyn acquired seasoned outfielder

lofton01.jpg

The Kings today announced that they had reached a 1 yr, $6,000,000 deal with Kenny Lofton, the seasoned outfield slugger. The Kings hope that he can impact Brooklyn's young players with valuable tips for the future and help the team out now. Lofton will be playing center field every day for Brooklyn, and Milledge will be moved out to left. It is not known if Milledge will return to center after Lofton's contract expires.

Kings swap arms

Brooklyn gets Bannister

hnATpKH4.jpgbrian_bannister.jpg

The Kings announced that they had completed a trade with the Kansas City Royals, trading SP Matt Chico (25 yrs old) for SP Brian Bannister (27 yrs old). Bannister will be the ace of our rotation and hopefully anchor our pitching staff in the long run.

Kings join ace swap

Brooklyn joins the Mets, Diamondbacks, and Mariners in getting a star pitcher in Cook

1193618822_0680-1.jpg

The Kings today traded two position players, 1B Nick Johnson (29 years old) and RF Wily Mo Pena (26 years old) to Colorado for SP Aaron Cook (29 years old). Kings GM Neo Exelor explained "We have depth in the positions we're trading. In essence, we have a decent team, but alot of talent is wasted on the bench. I'm a fan of trading away this talent for usable talent, such as Cook."

It was also noted that he said jokingly after this "If we don't contend, he'll be great for nailing prospect!"

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to apologize for the wait, but I'm still trying to figure this stuff out - until then...

BROOKLYN'S BLOCKBUSTER

Kings land Cano

p1_cano.jpg

The Kings today made a blockbuster trade with the New York Yankees, trading RP Chad Cordero (26 yrs old) and 1B Dmitri Young (34 yrs old) for 2B Robinson Cano (25 yrs old). The Kings have a great young core of Zimmerman and Cano.

Archived