video card?

NoobSaibot5590

Search Google For compaq pavilion sr1503wm compatible video cards

In the first search result, the guy on answers.yahoo says:

Unfortunately, it looks like your particular model of Compaq isn't very expandable. The only addon video card you could use is an old PCI card. It doesn't look like your model has an AGP or PCI Express slot. So, you may not be able to do too much with it. About your only option is to find the fastest PCI video card you can find. Otherwise, you're pretty much in for a whole new computer.

Here's the product page on HP/Compaq's website: link

Here's a link to all the manuels for your desktop:

link

I've looked into several of the manuels and they don't talk about upgrading the video card (from what I've seen). I'm not sure if what the guy from yahoo said would be accurate or not. I think other people here may be better to answer you. Good luck.

*note* Deleted my post in other thread since same question asked in other thread and having two threads about same thing isn't good **

What will you be using the PC for? Internet, E-mail, Editing movies, Editing graphics, etc?

The HDD looks really big. Will you use all that space? I like the fact it has multiple memory card readers. You can take a picture with your phone or camera and slide it right in. That's good to have. The lightscibe looks good to have. And it looks like they give you a lot of room to upgrade.

The max memory is 2 GB, which if it was me, I'd rather a max of 4 or so. I'm not sure about the audio or graphics but I guess you can always upgrade that if need be ... depending on the compatability with the motherboard. Power is 500 Watt which I'm not sure if that's good or not.

But, I'd put more stock into the memory than HDD. Unless if you record and/or edit movies and graphics, you may not that big of a HDD. Personally, I'd look for another system but see what others here think first.

BTW:

For $700, it may not be that bad of a deal but you may be able to find more. And depending on what you need to use it for, it may be worth it. I usually tell people to get one that you can probably use two years from now ... but then again, it depends on what you need it for [or what you think you may need it for].

Archived