Time to Play Catch Up - A 2008 Rays Dynasty

seanzarelli

So after getting MVP 08 installed I wanted to do a dynasty, except, I didn't want to start at the very beginning of the season. So what I did was sim up to July 29th (Since that was the day I installed it) and am playing every game for the rest of the season. I didn't take any control over the team, don't know who is injured in the MLB or who got traded. Just went with what it gave me. I do know that Roger Clemens signed with the Tigers and Barry Bonds with the Yankees though.

My team is the real team, but with whatever roster moves the CPU made due to injuries and whatnot. As of right now, Carlos Pena has 38 days left on the DL, and Edwin Jackson has 6.

I also started 20.5 games out of 1st place in the East, and about 10 games out in the Wild Card.

AL East looks like this:

Yankees

Red Sox

Blue Jays

Rays

Orioles

So as you can tell, I have a lot of work to do if I want to make the playoffs. Right now I am playing on Pro with some custom sliders, which I will be altering some as the first two games I've played have been high scoring.

Game #108

Tampa Bay Rays @ Toronto Blue Jays - 7/29/08

Game108.jpg

The first game was a real barn burner. Up 5-1 and going into the bottom of the 6th, Rays pitcher Matt Garza was cruising through until he hit a road bump. There was a costly error followed by 2 singles, and then a bases clearing triple by Scott Rolen, followed by a Daric Barton single which tied the game all up. The Blue Jays then took the lead in the 7th after Rod Barajas hit a base knock up the middle, knocking in Alex Rios. The top of the 8th saw Evan Longoria line a ball over the wall for a 2 run homer, only to have David Eckstein blast a solo shot himself to bring it back to a 7-7 tie. Then in the 9th, Blue Jays closer BJ Ryan couldn't keep his composure after allowing a leadoff triple to Jason Bartlett. The Rays would go on to score 3 in the top of the 9th, while Troy Percival threw a scoreless inning to get the team a win, and his 29th save of the season.

Boxscore: http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores//us...dimas/TB108.htm

you have a great presentation - no wonder you're in graphic design. I'll be following this one.

are you keeping up with Blades newest one lol?

and what do you mean Blades newest one? I heard that some guy named Glasner and some guy named Sasaki contribute as well?? :lol:

nice Descent, gonna pop in to see how this one goes. 20 games back is not alot to catch the Yanks and Sox........dont sweat it :lol:

Game109.jpg

It didn't take long for the Tampa Bay Rays to get rolling tonight. Just like the previous contest against the Blue Jays the other night, they had 3 runs after two. Except this time, the Rays and pitcher Andy Sonnanstine never let the Detroit Tigers get close. Sonnanstine threw a gem, as he only allowed one run, while striking out 8 in a 101 pitch complete game effort. With Sonnanstine getting the job done on the mound, Cliff Floyd decided to take matters into his own hands on the offensive side. Falling a triple shy of the cycle, Floyd went 4-5 with 2 homeruns and 4 runs batted in. Every Rays starter, except for Jason Bartlett, had at least one hit as well. B.J. Upton also stole 4 bases on the night including a homerun. Akinori Iwamura also hit a homerun as the Rays went on to pound the Tigers 11-1.

Boxscore: http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores//us...dimas/TB109.htm

Archived