Old Farts League

Gordo

**UPDATE LEAGUE STANDINGS WILL BE POSTED HERE**

FINAL STANDINGS

final.jpg

Box Scores Link now here ===> MVP Online Box Scores

Last 10 games:

Chicago 0 @ New York 1(W - Perez; L - Danks)

LA Angels 0 @ Tampa 13(W - Garza; L - Garland)

Philly 1 @ New York 4 (W - Heilman; L - Moyer)

New York 3 @ Philly 2; 14 inns. (W - Pelfrey; L - Condrey)

New York 2 @ LA Angels 0; rain shortened (W - Santana; L - Santana)

Philly 5 @ Tampa 7 (W - Hammel; L - Moyer)

Boston 1 @ New York 6 (W - Perez; L - Byrd)

Chicago 1 @ Tampa 0 (W - Danks; L - Sonnanstine)

Tampa 4 @ New York 3* (W - Howell; L - *Maine (suspended 1 game))

LA Angels 3 @ Boston 8 (W - Beckett; L - Weaver)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For league information, contact daflyboys

AIM: daflyboys2k3

email: daflyboys@yahoo.com

This sounds interesting. I haven't played this particular game online, but would like to give it a shot.

I like the over 35 idea. I was in a similar league for all-pro 2k8 and it was the best group of guys.

How many games a week do you require? I should be able to do 3-4 even more on long weekends like Thanksgiving coming up.

Let me know if it's not too late.

George

Wow.... talk about the gates opening up! LOL

It's not that I'll be carding everyone, but moreso I'm interested in a group of guys who can stay pretty much in the parameter spelled out above. What I'll need to do is contact you guys one way or another. I'll need an e-mail from you with your AIM and preferred team so that I can get a communication list going.

ADDENDUM: We'll be using a form of MD's datafile that removes the foul ball PIP. The other feature of it is that if you decide to use it offline, the cpu pitchers will take more realistic time between pitches. In fact, it would be good for you guys who are interested to experiment with it for a few innings so you can see the pace of those cpu pitchers. This is the pace in between pitches that I'd like to see for this league (including that first pitch to a batter).

C'mon guys, I need those e-mails with the information if you want me to get this organized. I could foresee this starting up after Thanksgiving, but I need your help. I have some time to set this up pre-Thanksgiving if I have the information and commitment.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok....we're on our way! We have a 5-man league, a bit on the small side, but size isn't the thing here. Information has been sent out and I'll be posting screen shots here of some choice scores as well as the on-going standings.

The teams competing in this first, short season will be: Mets, Phils, Rays, Angels and ChiSox

Should be a blast, all!!

ADDENDUM: with a last minute addition we have 6 teams, having added the Boston Red Sox! That's 3 AL and 3 NL teams.

Check back for regularly updated box scores and standings!!

I really like the way pre-season is going. Guys are getting there stuff set-up well and the connections are looking pretty good! Keep those practice games up this week guys!!

Batting orders to me are optional, but try to get them in my Wed./Thurs. Season rosters will be shipped out Friday night.

Thx Dom. Yes, this is shaping up to be what I had hoped for. We have a good core of guys who play some sim ball and at a realistic pace, which will hopefully continue to be the hallmark of this league. I don't anticipate that we'll grow too large.... but that may be a good thing. I'd rather have quality than quantity.

I'm interested in continuing to hear ideas on how to improve things. For right now, we're just going to gear up for our inaugural season starting this Saturday.

ANNOUNCEMENT: PLAYOFFS

I'm surprised no one asked to this point about playoffs. In the interest of keeping things rather compact and not letting too many guys sit out too long, we're going to do a simple, short playoff schedule.

Top 4 teams will play in the semi-finals, each doing a 2/3 series. Teams will be seeded according to record with Seed 1 playing 4 and 2 playing 3. Naturally, the top two seeds will have home field advantage for games 1 & 3. Both series would need to be completed inside of a week.

Pitching rotations will be able to start over with your #1 if you want to as well as being shifted to 3-man rotation (which will be important if you advance to the finals).

The finals will only be 2/3 as well and would also have a week to finish. Games would alternate between the fields as well each game.

Archived