classics9 and playoff creator tool

pulseox

Hi:

I'm trying to use the playoff creator tool with TC9. but the game always crashes to desktop when I try to sim to the playoffs.

I am playing with the original CD's and have installed TC9 over a fresh install of MVP05 with patch 2. No other mods.

I've tried simming the season with various teams and none of them makes it to the end-there seems to be no regularity to the date of the crashes either.

I've searched this forum and most suggestions to this problem deal with using a no-CD crack which I definitely don't have. These are my original CD's.

I finally got the program to sim a season by turning off "injurys" and "suspensions." in the options.

However, I still seem unable to get the playoff creator tool to work.

After I pick the 4 teams I want, and the program confirms tha team I want to control-I re-enter the game and when I hit the "advance to the playoffs" button-I get a screen that just shows the date-no teams listed or anything. When I hit advance I get a CTD.

Question: After the playoff creator confirms my options-am I supposed to leave it running when I reenter the game-or exit out of it?

Also-if I'm using a AAA team in the playoffs-do I navigate from their screen-or the screen of the MLB organization they belong to?

If anyone has any ideas of what I may be doing wrong-I'd welcome any input. Thanks!

After reading subsequent threads it became apparent to me that this tool never worked right with total classics. It seems to have a hangup with the various league structures-what a shame!

In my opinion the only shortcoming to TC9 is the inability to structure the leagues or set up playoffs between teams of different leagues.

Unfortunately the teams I am most interested in...like the 55 Dodgers or 61 NYY, or 2004 Bosox-are all minor league teams and cannot be played thru to a 7 game world series. Unfortunately for me-none of the teams that comprise the Majors, as it is now structured hold any interest to me.

So the best I can do, I guess, is play 7 exhibition games and record my own statistics, etc.

• 1 month later...

After reading subsequent threads it became apparent to me that this tool never worked right with total classics. It seems to have a hangup with the various league structures-what a shame!

In my opinion the only shortcoming to TC9 is the inability to structure the leagues or set up playoffs between teams of different leagues.

Unfortunately the teams I am most interested in...like the 55 Dodgers or 61 NYY, or 2004 Bosox-are all minor league teams and cannot be played thru to a 7 game world series. Unfortunately for me-none of the teams that comprise the Majors, as it is now structured hold any interest to me.

So the best I can do, I guess, is play 7 exhibition games and record my own statistics, etc.

If you are interested in the '61 Yankees you could try using the playoff creator with the *61 mod.

For the '55 Dodgers, you could use Total Classics 1956. While it wouldn't exactly be the '55 Dodgers, it would be close.

Archived