Direct Dl Mlb 2k9 Anywhere?

jhoff80

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok thanks a lot for the info everyone.

I'm downloading from bestbuy right now. I could have asked my buddy in the usa, but i just couldnt wait.

I'm like a kid wanting my toy right NOW!!!!, even though ill be turning 40 in 3 months

ok thanks a lot for the info everyone.

I'm downloading from bestbuy right now. I could have asked my buddy in the usa, but i just couldnt wait.

I'm like a kid wanting my toy right NOW!!!!, even though ill be turning 40 in 3 months

I know exactley what you mean so many guys are addicted to this sport in some way me included and its funny to be isn't it ? :D

Yeah and if you dont have a buddy in sthe states ask wicked hes trustworthy !

Ok guys, i need some help.

Bought and downloaded the game from Bestbuy. It gave me a serial key.

I installed the game, but never was i asked to enter the serial. Installation was completed and i try to run the game.

Unfortunately nothing happens. I click on the mlb2k9 exe file and NOTHING happens. I can see from the light that my harddrive is working but no joy.

Did i somehow miss the enter serial step? (cant imagine)

If so can you guys please let me know where to enter it.

Your help is appreciated.

Before the first start you will be asked for activating the game by an extra popup from digitalriver...

Which system do you have? i have vista and installed it for "all user" and all works fine...

I think i missed that. I did see a screen with my registration code, however i must have clicked it away somehow.

Hope that doesnt mean i'm screwed. Ill send a mail to bestbuy to check it out

if there is anyone out there who can help me, please......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as mentioned i bought the game at bestbuy, downloaded it and have about 10 files on my pc. When i click the 1st file the setup begins.

its starts installing the game in the folder c/program files/2k sports/mlb2k9.

At no point during the installation am i asked for my serial key. At the end of the installation, directx is installed. After that the wizard finishes.

I have a shortcut on my desktop. When i press it nothing happens. The game simply will not start.

Not due to system specs, it just will not start.

Its driving me crazy!!!!

if there is anyone out there who can help me, please......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as mentioned i bought the game at bestbuy, downloaded it and have about 10 files on my pc. When i click the 1st file the setup begins.

At no point during the installation am i asked for my serial key. At the end of the installation, directx is installed. After that the wizard finishes.

I have a shortcut on my desktop. When i press it nothing happens. The game simply will not start.

Its driving me crazy!!!!

Are you running vista? It may need to be ran as an administrator. You can do this by right clicking the shortcut and clicking properties. It's just a guess. I have no idea what could be wrong.

Its driving me crazy!!!!

Im having the same issue after my DL from gamestop. When I click the icon to launch the game, it just brings me to a black screen, and nothing from there. Ive tried reinstalling a few times with no luck. Id really rather not try downloading again as it took just about 4 hours to complete. If you figure anything out, let us know!

Im having the same issue after my DL from gamestop. When I click the icon to launch the game, it just brings me to a black screen, and nothing from there. Ive tried reinstalling a few times with no luck. Id really rather not try downloading again as it took just about 4 hours to complete. If you figure anything out, let us know!

Have you tried reading their FAQ?

http://gamestop.trymedia.com/faqdesk_info....;faqdesk_id=106

Glad to hear some sites are starting to have it for legal download, the easier it is to get the better (especially for overseas baseball fans, though it sounds like there's still some issues with that unfortunately).

Are you running vista? It may need to be ran as an administrator. You can do this by right clicking the shortcut and clicking properties. It's just a guess. I have no idea what could be wrong.

Have tried running it as an admin as well, but no luck. Since the 1st try i have downloaded it multiple times. In fact my whole weekend sofar consists only of downloading the game and getting it to run. No luck....

What i did :

bought it from bestbuy

started the download.

After it finishes (approx 2,5 hours) i have 10 rar files : mlb2k9_dr_setup.part 1 to part 10.

When the last file is downloaded the installation starts. First the files are unpacked to a temporary folder.

After that the installer starts to run. I can choose the default folder for installation, so c program files/2k sports/mlb2k9.

The installations continues....copying files, creating shortcuts, installing direct x. After completion i finish the installation (only 1 button to click)

After that.....nothing.

I click the shortcut : no luck

I click the exe file in the 2ksport/mlb2k9 folder....no luck.

I dont even get a black screen....simply nothing happens. As i mentioned before : at no point during the installation am i ased for my serial key.

No digital river pop up asking me to activate the game.

I'm now trying again with pop up blocker switched of, which i read in some faq.

Lets see what happens. Sofar i like the demo but of course i want to play the actual game!!!!!!!!

Have tried running it as an admin as well, but no luck. Since the 1st try i have downloaded it multiple times. In fact my whole weekend sofar consists only of downloading the game and getting it to run. No luck....

What i did :

bought it from bestbuy

started the download.

After it finishes (approx 2,5 hours) i have 10 rar files : mlb2k9_dr_setup.part 1 to part 10.

When the last file is downloaded the installation starts. First the files are unpacked to a temporary folder.

After that the installer starts to run. I can choose the default folder for installation, so c program files/2k sports/mlb2k9.

The installations continues....copying files, creating shortcuts, installing direct x. After completion i finish the installation (only 1 button to click)

After that.....nothing.

I click the shortcut : no luck

I click the exe file in the 2ksport/mlb2k9 folder....no luck.

I dont even get a black screen....simply nothing happens. As i mentioned before : at no point during the installation am i ased for my serial key.

No digital river pop up asking me to activate the game.

I'm now trying again with pop up blocker switched of, which i read in some faq.

Lets see what happens. Sofar i like the demo but of course i want to play the actual game!!!!!!!!

It's probably a firewall, pop up blocker, or something like that, blocking it. Have you tried contacting them about the issue? Or checking their site for a FAQ?

@elfdutch

the different between my and your installation is that i choose an other installationpath... on a seperate drive... instead of the windows drive i choose y: or so... maybe it can not handle the special protection of windows c:....

It's probably a firewall, pop up blocker, or something like that, blocking it. Have you tried contacting them about the issue? Or checking their site for a FAQ?

i have tried with pop up blocker switched off. No popup that came asking for activation.

I also tried with all antivirus switched off...again no joy.

I tried running as administrator...i tried installing in the D drive instead of C....no joy.

I know that the game is installed properly. I know i can play it since i play the demo with everything maxed out. I just need a way to activate the game.

I have sent an email to bestbuy, however sofar they do not respond to me.

So, in the end i have run out of options. My only chance now is waiting for some crack........there, i've said it!

did you also tried compatibility mode windows xp sp2 for activating?

when i right click on the exe file and check the properties, it is already listed as run as windows xp. There is no option to choose vista...another strange thing

really strange... i run it as normal vista... without any compatibility mode... and you can not uncheck this option ?

i checked and unchecked the option. Doesnt work. Sofar all i have done does not work.

My problem is (i think) that i was unable to activate the game with the serial. Then again, i was never asked to enter my serial.

So, here i am 20 bucks down the road, with a nice serial key and unable to play the game. Going back to the demo and will wait for a crack.

I am against pirated software and cracks, but maybe in my case a no dvd exe will get the game to work. At least then i will know wheter the game was installed correctly.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas, still hoping to solve this one though i am running out of options.

I tried installing it on another computer, xp this time instead of my vista machine.

Again no prompt to enter my serial (anobody out there : did you actually have manually fill in this serial somewhere???)

After the installation i tried to run the game.

This time i got a message saying :

Could not write license data!

Please contact customer support for further instructions.

Great. I knew it. Now if only customer support would react to my emails. I have sent two to Bestbay and two to Digital river, both unanswered sofar.

Tried dialing the 1-888 number from Besbuy. Appearantly this is not possible when outside of the US. (correct me if i'm wrong guys)

Hopefully i will get a message from customer support to solve this problem.

Was able to call Bestbuy with Skype.

They couldnt help me and said i need to adress this with Digital river.

So, again using skype called digital river. They said they cant help me, i need to adress this with 2ksports.

Couldnt find a number, so i sent a mail to their customer service. Waiting for a reply sofar.

Archived