Mlb2k9 Bugs And Glitches..

maddux31

Gents,

I was just playing against the Phils at Citizens Bank Park. I noticed the two following bugs. I thought since I did not see a thread for just game bugs I would start this thread to keep track.

1. Center field at Citizens Bank Park...Outfielder cannot get ball if it rolls to the wall, in this case center field. This allowed an inside the park HR.

2. Alot of times regardless of who was at bat, in the overlay for the batter, the text would say TOP FIELDER IN 216. This sucks. I have seen 1 or 2 with the correct text, saying TOP FIELDER or whatever in 2008.

Post em' if you got em'..!

Gents,

I was just playing against the Phils at Citizens Bank Park. I noticed the two following bugs. I thought since I did not see a thread for just game bugs I would start this thread to keep track.

1. Center field at Citizens Bank Park...Outfielder cannot get ball if it rolls to the wall, in this case center field. This allowed an inside the park HR.

2. Alot of times regardless of who was at bat, in the overlay for the batter, the text would say TOP FIELDER IN 216. This sucks. I have seen 1 or 2 with the correct text, saying TOP FIELDER or whatever in 2008.

You should probably point these at the 2k forums. Will probably have a better chance of getting heard and fixed.

1. First basemen' foot coming off the bag on what should be easy plays. Not by bad throws.

2. Sometimes when throwing a runner out at the plate, the catcher will just stand there and not try to tag the runner as the runner clips right threw him.

3. Outfielders will sometimes move out of the way of fly balls, resulting in it rolling back to the wall. In some stadiums, getting stuck under the wall.

4. Sometimes the game will crash after bringing in a reliever, once the inning ends it will crash.

5. In some stadiums? the outfielder will disappear into the wall and then re-appear later to "try" and make a play.

I'm sure there is more i can't think of right now. It seems every game i play shows me a new bug. This is crazy!

If you are experiencing a lot of fielding "glitches" I would recommend spending some time in the Fielding Practice Mode. There are truly some glitches and design flaws in fielding, but this game also plays a bit differently than MVP 2005. I did this for a while and I'm now 6 games into a new season and I haven't seen anything actually glitchy since. All errors have either been of the normal variety you'd expect to see in a game of baseball or user errors like taking a bad angle on a ball or making a bad throw. I'm not saying that fielding glitches don't exist in the game but I think a lot of what is being reported is being overblown by people just not being used to the controls.

For balls getting stuck in the wall, try change to the outfield who didn't originally make the play on the ball. There seems to be an issue where an outfielder runs to the wall he gets disoriented and can't pick up the ball. It's a bug, but at least changing to another fielder and getting the ball can usually prevent an inside the park home run.

One thing that has been suggested for outfielders moving out of the way of fly balls is to use the calloff button. It seems to work as I haven't had any such issue since starting to do it on routine fly balls.

I haven't found a single glitch yet, but I have only played 3 games so that may be why.

Through a few games and a ton of time in practice, the only 'very out of place' thing I've seen are some fireworks that go off in center field after a routine fly ball. I'm not saying they don't exist, I just haven't seen them yet.

Gents,

Had same thing happen at PNC Park outfielder bobbled ball at wall and I was able to come all the way around for an in the parker.

I'm starting to tweak the game finally. I was hitting way too easy (hr's too) in Pro Level, so I bumped it up to Legend and backed off a couple of options:

Batting Success 35

Batting Contact 30

Batting Power 45

Fielder Speed 80

Fielding Errors 60

Playing as the Indians vs Kazmir, I've got 1 run on 1 hit in the bottom of the 6th inning. Granted, I'm sure I'll progressively improve, but this is a good sign, IMO.

*edit -BTW, Pirate did a great job on Progressive Field!

Is any one else having any trouble saving settings, rosters, and franchise files on the pc version? I had no issues here the first day but today i'm gettinging a "cannot save file" error.

It seems to be an issue some PC users temporarily have and then it goes away. Personally I deleted all saved info, turned off the game and restarted my PC. Since then I've had no more problems saving.

Archived