Xbox 360 Controller Controls?

paceee

the game keeps saying press B1, B2, B3, etc... but all I see are X, Y, B, A on my xbox 360 wired controller... can anyone tell me what B1 or B2 or B3 etc etc is equivalent to for the xbox 360 controller?

<-- stupid

Cool, thanks. I just bought an Xbox 360 controller (new) on eBay the other night for $21.50 and I'm just trying to get all the proper info so that I'll be ready to use it when it shows up. I've also been digging through old threads to find a proper config so that I can use the controller for MVP as well. I've been using my Saitek P880 since MVP2004, so this will be a new experience.

Cool, thanks. I just bought an Xbox 360 controller (new) on eBay the other night for $21.50 and I'm just trying to get all the proper info so that I'll be ready to use it when it shows up. I've also been digging through old threads to find a proper config so that I can use the controller for MVP as well. I've been using my Saitek P880 since MVP2004, so this will be a new experience.

Seems as though we are rowing down the same river. I also ordered a 360 controller after years of using the P880 for MVP. Currently I am pretty helpless playing this game (thank goodness for sliders).....Obviously I blame the controller.

I actually got my P880 to work fairly well using a Logitech setup that was listed in the "Controller problem" thread. As I've found, the buttons aren't really used a whole lot. It's more about using the sticks. After spending a few hours in practice mode, I played my first game last night - Yankees (me) vs. Mets. I lost 6-2, but I was feeling more comfortable with the controller as the game went on. I got strikeouts, I hit a couple of homeruns and I did turn a double play. I did make some fielding mistakes, but after all these years of playing MVP with assisted fielding, it's a little more challenging. I also gave up 4 stolen bases but that's because I don't have a button mapped to keep the runner close to the base.

I also have to get used to gauging whether pitches coming at me are balls or strikes, but I had to do that when I first got MVP as well, so it's to be expected. Plus, the Mets did have Johan Santana on the mound, so that didn't help. :lol:

I am still interested to see how the Xbox 360 controller works, since the instruction manual is geared around that controller. The big issue for me will be to get a configuration that will work with MVP, since I really don't want to have to switch back and forth between controllers.

I cant get my wireless 360 controller to work at all. I cant get the L and R triggers to work, my analog sticks dont work either. I have vista sp1 with microsoft wireless usb adapter. i ahve tried the turning it off at the play ball screen trick and everything and still nothing. i can remap some of the controls but no ls or rs action.... :angry:

it wont let me map anything to the l and r triggers, they are dead, and what sucks worse is i cant pick a team from play ball or franchise because you need to use triggers to do so, I can switch uni's but not team lol. Question: Can I use an xbox 360 wired controller through my pc? I tried using the play and charge kit instead of wireless, but it wont recognize it.

I feel a little foolish asking this question but here goes....

I was using a P880 but I now just connected a 360 controller and entered the game. However, the controller page only recognizes a keyboard/mouse connection, so I can't get anything to work using the 360 controller.

There is an option to press "3" which will return the controller page to the "default" setting......Is default the setting for the 360 controller?

If not, any suggestions to get the game to recognize the Microsoft Xbox 360 controller?

EDIT:....Disregard!.... Downloading software from Microsoft.

• 2 weeks later...

mlb 2k9 is prob the worst game ive ever played. for one i use the xbox 360 controller to play my computer games. well mlb 2k9 half works with it. i can pitch and do everything except swing the bat. controller is configed but still cant swing. that would b the best part of baseball. i would like to know why and how to fix it. for two it likes to have the controller work half the time. i can go through the menu and it works and when i try to go at a later time the controller either doesnt work or just some buttons dont work or the buttons are rearranged on its own. they need a patch fast that can work with the xbox 360 controller fully and functionally for this game. the game recgonizes the controller i set it up but i dont get to swing even though i set swing to A or button 1. this game is crap and i feel like i wasted my money on something that doesnt work. how are u supposed to play a game if the controls dont work. hello.

mlb 2k9 is prob the worst game ive ever played. for one i use the xbox 360 controller to play my computer games. well mlb 2k9 half works with it. i can pitch and do everything except swing the bat. controller is configed but still cant swing. that would b the best part of baseball. i would like to know why and how to fix it. for two it likes to have the controller work half the time. i can go through the menu and it works and when i try to go at a later time the controller either doesnt work or just some buttons dont work or the buttons are rearranged on its own. they need a patch fast that can work with the xbox 360 controller fully and functionally for this game. the game recgonizes the controller i set it up but i dont get to swing even though i set swing to A or button 1. this game is crap and i feel like i wasted my money on something that doesnt work. how are u supposed to play a game if the controls dont work. hello.

So the game sucks because you don't know how to configure your controller? ... And you write all that to whine about the same thing over and over again?

Plenty of people play with the 360 controllers just fine. So instead of blaming the game, maybe you should actually ask someone how it can be fixed, instead of ranting like a 10 year old. Hello to you to?

The 360 controller works just fine....In fact, for this game, I believe it is the best controller to use.

Must say, with each passing day, I am getting more impressed with this PC game....It plays just about as realistically as any baseball simulation I have played....The only real problem I have with the way it performs is the lack of walks by the User or CPU.

However, I have the same problem with MVP....When in User mode I pitch without the cursor and just today I was still able to strike out 9 batters, although I did hit a couple of guys in the legs...but at keast that kept them from tryiing to steal on me. :lol:

Archived