Zer0 Sliders

mike360

mike do starters go too deep in cpu v cpu? when i mean too deep i mean 7-8 innings mostly every game.

No, not always, but doesn't it depend on what you have the ' Pitcher Fatigue ' slider set at ? I have mine at 45. If you want starters to lose their stuff earlier in the game, I would imagine the Pitcher Fatigue slider would be your playground. Try 45 or 50.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, Mike. I will now be taking some of your advice and adjusting things from what you have started (not that your sliders don't work. They just don't work for me.) I just finished my third game using them, without any adjustments, and I completed my third straight shutout of an opponent.

Tweak City, here I come!

okay, Mike. I will now be taking some of your advice and adjusting things from what you have started (not that your sliders don't work. They just don't work for me.) I just finished my third game using them, without any adjustments, and I completed my third straight shutout of an opponent.

Tweak City, here I come!

I hear ya, man, I had the same occurance - too many shutouts. It was easy pitchin' to the AI batters, but I think I fixed that. I uploaded the file in the first post of this thread. It's called Zer0 Sliders Higher Difficulty.

i was a little skeptical at first but i must admit these play very, very well. i started my pirates franchise with em and the first game of the season i lost 4-2 against the cards. the game started out with me being no hit for the first 4 innings. finally got base hit on a rocket up the middle that almost took adam wainwright's head off and followed that with a 2 run homer by hinske. we chased wainwright in the top of the 6th with a couple of base hits but no runs and from there in typical Bucco form we self destructed with errors and gave up a solo shot to puljos in the 8th to seal the deal. Overall im very happy with these sliders saw a good mix of weakly hit ground balls and good solid hits. the cards have an aggressive lineup so i wasnt expecting to strike out a bunch of guys but i did manage 4 k's with snell two of them looking. i'll give some more feedback once i get some games in.

i was a little skeptical at first but i must admit these play very, very well. i started my pirates franchise with em and the first game of the season i lost 4-2 against the cards. the game started out with me being no hit for the first 4 innings. finally got base hit on a rocket up the middle that almost took adam wainwright's head off and followed that with a 2 run homer by hinske. we chased wainwright in the top of the 6th with a couple of base hits but no runs and from there in typical Bucco form we self destructed with errors and gave up a solo shot to puljos in the 8th to seal the deal. Overall im very happy with these sliders saw a good mix of weakly hit ground balls and good solid hits. the cards have an aggressive lineup so i wasnt expecting to strike out a bunch of guys but i did manage 4 k's with snell two of them looking. i'll give some more feedback once i get some games in.

Thanks for the feedback.. what method of batting and pitching do you use ?

Errr, how do i really install these sliders?

I would liek to keep my franschise game and it is not possible?

I load these sldiers ok but i then go to difficult settings and most setting are set to zero. This cant be right, right?

So acually step by step, how do i load them without ruin my current game say stick these sliders in between 2 series games?

Errr, how do i really install these sliders?

I would liek to keep my franschise game and it is not possible?

I load these sldiers ok but i then go to difficult settings and most setting are set to zero. This cant be right, right?

So acually step by step, how do i load them without ruin my current game say stick these sliders in between 2 series games?

when you turn the game on just load these sliders and write them down then adjust your sliders accordingly in your current franchise. and yeah most of the sliders are set to zero but they actually work really well for me

I can't wait to try these but I'm not finding a "2K Sports\MLb 2k9\Saves folder\" in Documents and Settings.

I'm using XP and I have hunted around a bit.

Any suggestions?

Never mind. Did a search and found it in the application data subfolder. Off to try 'em out!

Well, I had an extremely interesting first game using these sliders. I was playing as St. Louis at Seattle. After my first 6 batters struck out, I adjusted the Batting Contact from 0 to 35 and the Batting Success from 35 to 55. The final line score was St. Louis: 0-3-0, Seattle: 1-4-1.

Felix Hernandez threw just about everything low in the zone and I didn't get much out of the infield. He pitched a complete game. Tons of foul balls on both sides. I had trouble catching up to anything. I'd probably turn down the AI pitch speed if I knew what slider affected that.

The weird, and very positive thing was, I didn't make my usual 3 or 4 fielding miscues per game. Lots of running catches in the outfield, turned a couple of double plays. I don't know if these sliders could affect fielding, if it was just chance or what, but the fielding felt better than it has the last half dozen games or so. I also suspect certain teams are drastically easier to play against. I had a great. smooth, overall game against the Pirates early on.

My initial thought is that these sliders as a baseline will probably really up the enjoyment level of this game for me. I'm going to play another few games and then decide if I need to tweak anything more. Think I'll play the Yankees next.

Thanks, Mike!

I had the same problem with the pitches being too fast for me. The CPU pitch speed gets affected by the user pitch speed slider as well. So lower the user pitch speed slider and you should be fine.

That should be just what I need. Thanks for the tip. This game keeps getting more promising, thanks to the forum members!

XP Users

Put file in " c:\Documents and Settings\2K Sports\MLb 2k9\Saves folder\ "

Load the " Zer0 Sliders " file before playing

Mike,

I am running XP, I do not have a 2k Sports folder in my doc & settings, I have a Mlb2k9 in my my docs, but no save folder. Can I just add the folder ? and how do you go about loading these sliders?

I am sorry I am a noob at this game.

Mike,

I am running XP, I do not have a 2k Sports folder in my doc & settings, I have a Mlb2k9 in my my docs, but no save folder. Can I just add the folder ? and how do you go about loading these sliders?

I am sorry I am a noob at this game.

On XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\**Your Windows Account Name Here**\Application Data\2K Sports

The application data folder is hidden by default, go to the top of the window to Tools > Folder Options > Views and check "Show hidden files and folders".

Archived