Mlb 2k9 Pc - Nice Pc Makes Game Look Better Than Console And The Show?

gpe1975

This might just be me, but on max settings, the PC version of this game looks a lot better than the Show does on the PS3. The problem with console games is the jagged edges. Even in 1080p The Show has jagged edges. Yes, the artwork is better, but the console can't deal with the AA and resolution to get rid of the edginess.

SCEA built The Show much better than 2K built 2K9. I prefer playing The Show '09 on my PSP than MLB 2K9 on my PC because MLB 2K9 doesn't feel like baseball. 2K should be embarassed after releasing such an unrealistic game of baseball and how much the majority bashed it.

SCEA built The Show much better than 2K built 2K9. I prefer playing The Show '09 on my PSP than MLB 2K9 on my PC because MLB 2K9 doesn't feel like baseball. 2K should be embarassed after releasing such an unrealistic game of baseball and how much the majority bashed it.

I feel what your sayin but most of the people who were bashin the game had their minds made up before they even played the game, kinda like Madden 09. not to say some people weren't genuinely disappointed, but this game really never had a chance on 360. Ive seen a much better response for the pc version, i think simply because people know that the game can be made better through some mods and with the patch thats coming. I know the game has its problems but in all reality it isnt that bad. At least not to me

I feel what your sayin but most of the people who were bashin the game had their minds made up before they even played the game, kinda like Madden 09. not to say some people weren't genuinely disappointed, but this game really never had a chance on 360. Ive seen a much better response for the pc version, i think simply because people know that the game can be made better through some mods and with the patch thats coming. I know the game has its problems but in all reality it isnt that bad. At least not to me

I agree.

There are surely bugs within the pc version. Hopefully a patch will fix some or most of them.

I have been a gamer all my life, starting with pong (i'm turning 40 this year) In holland baseball games were (and still are) hard to come by. I have played the 2k9 games on the ps2...didnt like them at all.

I have played mlb the show on ps2, both the 07 and 08 versions. Played a 162 game season and liked it very much.

Untill i discovered mvp05 for the pc. I never wanted to play it because EA suck at soccergames (big thing over here - i live in Holland)

Once i did start mvp and modded it, i liked it more then the ps2 versions of the show. This due to the fact that the gameplay was a litte bit more realistic to me. In mvp not every ball hit to the shortstop

turns into a double play, which means more thinking.

Anyway, after so many years i love it that we have a new pc baseball game. I run it on my vista hp laptop. With 4 gigs of ram, 2,26 ghz intel core duo 2 processor P8400. and a geforce 9600M GT videocard. The game runs like a dream with all graphics set to max. I turned off particles because i dont like it.

The game looks very very good. I dont think it is unrealistic baseball at all. If the bugs get fixed, and with all the mods to come, this is definately a very good game.

In my opinion the show is more about looks, but maybe thats just me

I agree.

There are surely bugs within the pc version. Hopefully a patch will fix some or most of them.

I have been a gamer all my life, starting with pong (i'm turning 40 this year) In holland baseball games were (and still are) hard to come by. I have played the 2k9 games on the ps2...didnt like them at all.

I have played mlb the show on ps2, both the 07 and 08 versions. Played a 162 game season and liked it very much.

Untill i discovered mvp05 for the pc. I never wanted to play it because EA suck at soccergames (big thing over here - i live in Holland)

Once i did start mvp and modded it, i liked it more then the ps2 versions of the show. This due to the fact that the gameplay was a litte bit more realistic to me. In mvp not every ball hit to the shortstop

turns into a double play, which means more thinking.

Anyway, after so many years i love it that we have a new pc baseball game. I run it on my vista hp laptop. With 4 gigs of ram, 2,26 ghz intel core duo 2 processor P8400. and a geforce 9600M GT videocard. The game runs like a dream with all graphics set to max. I turned off particles because i dont like it.

The game looks very very good. I dont think it is unrealistic baseball at all. If the bugs get fixed, and with all the mods to come, this is definately a very good game.

In my opinion the show is more about looks, but maybe thats just me

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Ok that does look weird i guess. Anyway, what i was trying to say is that i feel that the show looks very good, but gameplay is more arcade like.

Mlb 2k9 looks good as well, but is to me a realistic baseball game, despite all the flaws.

Archived