Mlb 2k9 Audio But No Picture

Junior21

Sorry, didn't catch that before. Are the drivers updated? I know this is an older card, but a powerful one. The game requires Shader Model 3.0 to run. I tried running NBA 2k9 with an integrated ATI chip and it did the same thing: No video, just sound. Bought a GeForce 9500GT (not a true gamer card, but it was cheap) and it runs super smooth for me.

I was going to say, my graphics card should be plenty good enough. It does great on COD4 so I can't imagine it not being good with this one. I don't know what "Shader Model 3.0" is so I'll google and download and give it a shot.

Yes they are right, it is your video card. Your card does not support pixel shader 3.0. You won't be able to run the game with that card. Pixel shader 3.0 is a feature inside the card, not something you can just addon to it, you have to buy a better card to play.

Minimum Requirements

* CPU: 3 GHz Dual Core processor or equivalent

RAM: 2 GB

Disc Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive

Hard Drive: 9.5 GB or more free space

Video: Shader Model 3.0 support with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia Geforce 7900 GT or better)

Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Input: Dual-analog gamepad

Recommended Requirements

* Requires disc in drive to play (unlimited installations)

Software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, DirectX, and Microsoft's Windows Installer 2.0.

thats a shame cause the card is really good still. what cheaper card do you recommend that will work with 2k9?

jlfrank,

I'd consider any number of cheap cards that will run this game. I'm sure your computer can handle any of these models if it runs the ATI x850:

- GeForce 9500GT (Can be had for around $60). Either 512MB DDR3 or 1GB DDR2

- GeForce 9600 thru 9800 series. ($60 to around $130)

- ATI HD4650, HD4670, HD4850, HD4870 cards will all work.

Best bang for the buck? Probably the Radeon HD4670.

That being said, I'm not patient enough to order one for cheaper. I'm heading off to browse Circuit City and Best buy now.

your gonna get taxed at best buy or any other chain type store. your best bet really is to order one from somebody like newegg.com. they have excellent prices the best customer service on the net and you will get your new vid card in like two days.

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz

2.99 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

RADEON X850 XT

Your CPU and memory exceed the minimum requirements - 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 (2.8 Ghz for Vista) and 512 MB RAM (1 GB for Vista). The problem is your video card, as others have pointed out. The minimum supported ATI card is an ATI X1300.

Archived