How Do You Prevent The 1b Stepping Off The Base?

dabanara

seems like almost every game i play, my 1B can't seem to stay on base on a throw from SS/3B. the game counts it as an error to the infielder who made the throw, and at first i thought it might be because my throw was too hard but even on medium throws, my 1B often steps off the bag. it is annoying as hell because that guy often comes in to score! i try to run back to the base but i don't always make it back in time to get the out.

someone i think pointed out that if the 1B catches left handed, this happens, maybe it's true but every team i want to play with seems to have a left handed catching 1B.

just started another franchise mode with the marlins and in 2 games, hanley ramirez has 6 errors and cantu has 5. they would have much more if i wasn't super-conscious about this and try to step back on base. this is getting ridiculous. how are others dealing with this madness?

It happens too many times for me.

I had a five run lead in the ninth with two outs. I have a routine grounder to 2nd and the throw was easy on the mark to first base but D. Lee pulled off.

That opened the flood gates and I lost by one run. With a 5 run LLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggravating.

I only get the bug once every 10 or so games with the Cardinals, i used to get it a LOT. Make sure your infielders have strong arms and that you are throwing the ball when the throw meter is in the green. Having a good defensive 1B might help too. Other then that i don't think there is much you do apart from waiting on the patch.

I only get the bug once every 10 or so games with the Cardinals, i used to get it a LOT. Make sure your infielders have strong arms and that you are throwing the ball when the throw meter is in the green. Having a good defensive 1B might help too. Other then that i don't think there is much you do apart from waiting on the patch.

Actually, I thought about the meter as the problem, but I have the bug occur even in the green. Maybe I can edit the throwing strength on my infielders.

This bug has cost me numerous double plays, one game, and my pitchers throwing extra pitches per inning.

Plus I lead the world in errors. I once had 6 errors in one game, when does that really ever happen.

I use the Cardinals too Wicked and it still happens to me. Seems to not matter whether the throw is in the green or red, the throw meter is not the issue. I probably have it happen 2-4 times per game. It's hard for me to pinpoint the problem but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm sure they can fix whatever is doing it with the patch.

Well this is the best way ive found.

When you pitch as soon as the pitch leaves tour hand release the Stick.

Then before throwing the ball release all buttons you used to get the fielder to the ball.

Then when you throw ensure that you put your analog stick as close to a 90 degree angle as possible from other possible bases.

2b

^

|

3b<------> 1b

|

home

If u get into the in between areas you are instructing th fielder to throw to the left or right of the base you intend to trow to which can make the 1b adjust his feet, this is the best way ive found and i only get this error once ever 3 or 4 games now.

i had this problem all the time. now, i'm always, always, always using the hurry up throw button (L2 for me). this fills your meter faster, but you still have time to release a pitch in the green, and with this you can turn double plays. did't happen to me since (20+ games).

ps. i'm throwing the ball with buttons, not with the stick.

i had this problem all the time. now, i'm always, always, always using the hurry up throw button (L2 for me). this fills your meter faster, but you still have time to release a pitch in the green, and with this you can turn double plays. did't happen to me since (20+ games).

ps. i'm throwing the ball with buttons, not with the stick.

What do you mean L2?

I don't know how to hurry up throw I guess.

This might just be a coincidence, but since I started doing this I haven't had my first baseman (Miguel Cabrera) come off the bag.

When you throw to first, use L2, keep it pressed and point the stick to first, immediately make a gesture down. it's worked for me, I'm not having the bug anymore, although I can't say it's the solution, like I said it could just be a coincidence.

Archived