Franchise Free Agent Work Around?

gobluen07

I'm sure most are aware of the off season bug where the cpu doesn't sign free agent. so my question is does anybody have a work around that makes it tolerable for now. the only thing that I could figure would be to edit the players contracts in the player editor, this seems like the most logical because you can just extend the players contract and they will stay with their current team.

or control all 30 teams , which sucks because then there will be no trades. unless I do it myself and that just doesn't seem right.

Its not too bad after the first season because their isn't many good players that the cpu doesn't resign. usually just a bunch of middle of the road players and some who are getting old and demanding too much money like pedro martinez and so on.

the second offseason is when the problems seem to start I saw a lot of good players just sit there and not even get offers. I know the patch is coming soon and is supposed to fix this problem but for those wanting to sim a few seasons until that happens please feel free to share any suggestion or whatever is working for you.

They way i work around it is not to play it ;)

Lol, I actually tried that for like 2 days and then I coukdnt do it anymore. I tried goin back to MVP but I've been playin that for years now and I just want to play MLB I guess because its new and pretty lol

I know the patch is coming soon and is supposed to fix this problem...

Have you actually seen the people at 2K say the patch is designed to fix this issue? I hope that the patch WILL address this problem - but I've never seen them acknowledge it with my own two eyes.

If anybody has a link to such info, please share.

Have you actually seen the people at 2K say the patch is designed to fix this issue? I hope that the patch WILL address this problem - but I've never seen them acknowledge it with my own two eyes.

If anybody has a link to such info, please share.

I haven't seen them specify that this would be fixed for the pc but its one of the things that was adressed in the first patch for consoles. I stopped looking on 2k forums because they don't have a seperate thread for the pc patch and its bascally just pages of idiots whining nothing. but I believe the pc patch is supposed to include almost everything from patch 1 and 2 on the consoles. I could be wrong though

I play franchise mode, my "workaround" is a bit silly, but not all that bad. I signed them myself and put them in the minors and on the trading block then as the season progresses ii trade them all off to a random team.

I do play the yankees though so my budget has room for that.

I play franchise mode, my "workaround" is a bit silly, but not all that bad. I signed them myself and put them in the minors and on the trading block then as the season progresses ii trade them all off to a random team.

I do play the yankees though so my budget has room for that.

that's not a bad idea. I also see now if you turn on edit cpu roster in the franchise options, you can sign free agents to cpu teams but only during the regular season. I found this by accident when I tried to sign Ben Sheets to my team (pirates) and I found him on the angels after about 5 mins of swearing lol.

Archived