Mvp 08 Crashes

jcafaro10

I just installed MVP 08. The installation went fine. I installed kgbaseball's 2009 Roster 7.0 Plus by copying the database files and overwriting the ones in the database folder. MVP 08 starts but when I try an exhibition game (cards, red sox, default everything) the game crashes.

I'm using images of the game. I followed the guide. Use daemon tools to mount the mdf(mds) file. Game starts up fine, just games won't load. It can't be a problem with the images can it? I've used them before with 05 no mods and it's worked. I haven't had 05 installed in awhile though. I suppose I can try it again just to verify but I don't think that's it.

I just figured I'd check. We've had others ask questions when they had problems with MVP08, only to find that they were trying to install it with a pirated version of the game. You may want to check over at EAMods.com, since that is where MVP08 was released.

I posted there too. It never asks for any cd-key or anything during the install. Is that bad? I imagine the game wouldn't even load if that were the case. If it's just corrupt data files could I get someone to send me uncorrupted ones?

The MVP08 installer won't ask for the CD-key. When it is using the CD's, I believe that it is simply copying files onto your hard drive. It is not using the EA installer on CD 1. If it was using the EA installer, you would then see the message asking for the CD key.

As far as sending you the data files, that would be pretty tough, because there is no way to know which files you need.

I originally installed using images as well. Worked ok for me. As I have mentioned before, in another thread, if you use an image for disc one, you need to use it for disc 2 as well, which it appears you are (instead of one disc, one image).

Anyway, if you mount both images with daemon, download the 08 mod, and install with tit, it should work just fine. I know that isn't much help if you already did it all that way, and I am sorry I can't be of more help, but that is all I did to make it work.

I mounted both images, downloaded the mod, installed with tit, and it seemed to install just fine. My only thought is maybe one of the images is corrupted in such a minor way that it just won't play nice with the new mod. Perhaps someone could send me their images (is that allowed?)? I would be willing to make a contribution to the site or something if I get this working. I'd try and have my original disks mailed to me but to be honest I'm not even sure where they are, and the game has gotten to be ridiculously too expensive to try and buy another one.

If it's a lost cause, perhaps someone can tell me if its possible to use the new rosters with 05 even though it says they only work with 08.

Potentially also, to make sure I installed it in the correct manner...

I have a folder C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005 in which I have the 08.tit file and the tit.exe. Then I just mount the disks and open tit, and select the 08 file and let it go.

When I'm uninstalling since there's no uninstall, I've just been deleting that folder. Are there any registry issues I need to clear up?

When I put the 08.tit file and the tit.exe file into my C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005 folder and run the tit.exe, and choose the 08 file it changes the name of the path in the window to C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball but installs everything to the right location. Is that a problem maybe?

Archived