How To Mod Jerseys?

ReddShadoe

Is anyone able to provide a tutorial on how to mod jerseys/caps? I'm able to view the .iff files, but the jersey script is all one bright color, nothing like how it appears in-game (I do see another image of just the stitching, but no color...)

The thing is, every baseball game that has ever come out, has used the wrong font for the Red Sox home jerseys. The font the games use is the same font used in the (now former) 'circle logo'. The font used on the actual jerseys is much more detailed and sharp. I'm guessing the game companies get this info from some style guide that the teams provide, since even the "Dressed to the Nines" site has the wrong font.

I've attached pictures to show what I mean...

Font used in every baseball video game ever produced:

post-7793-1238469695_thumb.jpg

Font on an actual Red Sox home jersey for as long as I can remember, probably back to 1978 when they used the pullovers:

post-7793-1238469680_thumb.jpg

Also, any help modding the caps would be greatly appreciated...what is with the EXTRA-WIDE "B"?

• 3 weeks later...

Nevermind. I got it.

Up first, working on a white Cardinals jersey vest, white with red sleeves. Navy sleeves for the away grey.

That sounds cool. Would you be willing to make a Mets vest when you get a chance? I had done it years ago and it looked damn cool. White with blue sleeves for home, grey with black sleeves for road. If you can't or arent willing, no prob. Thanks

No prob ... once I get started.

It's just a matter of transfering say, the CIN Reds sleeves to the Cards white jersey, and the Braves navy sleeves to the grey jersey.

Sounds simple enough and it should be easy enough to do with photoshop, but once I save it as bmp, I'm not sure how to get it back into the game. I'll be sure to look at PIT sleeveless jersy to see how it should look, and possily add some trim for a polished look.

While not as easy as making sleeveless for MVP, it shouldn;t be *that* difficult ... I say that having no idea just how easy/difficult is will be.

What jerseys do you want the vest jersey to replace for the Mets? For StL, it's easy ... the 1900's jerseys. I also need to come up with a DET jersey to replace their 1900 jerseys. I may look and see if I can just mess with the coloring/hue of one of their jerseys to make an orange top alternate. Again, that was an easy thing to do for MVP jerseys ... not sure about 2k9.

No prob ... once I get started.

It's just a matter of transfering say, the CIN Reds sleeves to the Cards white jersey, and the Braves navy sleeves to the grey jersey.

Sounds simple enough and it should be easy enough to do with photoshop, but once I save it as bmp, I'm not sure how to get it back into the game. I'll be sure to look at PIT sleeveless jersy to see how it should look, and possily add some trim for a polished look.

While not as easy as making sleeveless for MVP, it shouldn;t be *that* difficult ... I say that having no idea just how easy/difficult is will be.

What jerseys do you want the vest jersey to replace for the Mets? For StL, it's easy ... the 1900's jerseys. I also need to come up with a DET jersey to replace their 1900 jerseys. I may look and see if I can just mess with the coloring/hue of one of their jerseys to make an orange top alternate. Again, that was an easy thing to do for MVP jerseys ... not sure about 2k9.

The Mets 1983 uni's wont be missed, lol. You can replace those

Archived