Patch #2 not cool.....

IronForge

Played two games with the new patch. Still have choppy gameplay with this setup....and that is with Refresh at 60MHz and 100MHz.

AMD 2800+

ATI Radeon 9800XT

1 GB Mushkin CAS 2-2-2 RAM

Oh, and two games.....two system crashes. NOT COOL. Not one single other game does this including Far Cry, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow ect.

I just played a couple of games,also. I ran it at 60hz and it chopped up some. Turned Refresh up to 85 and things are smooth; except for pans from 3rd to 1st and vice-versa. I am seeing animations that were getting lost in the choppiness. I've seen a snowcone and a bobble off the chest.

I hated that the patch wouldn't install with my stadium mods installed. Oh well, I can put them back. I like the hitting physics tweak. I am spraying hits everywhere. My lefties are threats now. This patch with RRodkey's newest Mod has got me hooked again.

not that i have this problem but i didnt think the patch would fix everyones choppy problem thats only common i remember when the game mafia use to crash to desktop a lot they finally released a patch after like 1 year and it didnt even fix it but claimed it did..

I would like to see wind and rain fixed in dynasty mode

Yeah, although this game looks great you can definetely tell it was made for consoles and wasn't optimized for high-end PC users. I mean, I can run Far Cry without a hiccup and this simple baseball game runs more choppy that the latest DirectX 9.0 game with pixel shaders. C'mon, that is a little silly!!!! What's really funny is they can't fix it.

Before I installed the patch, my game wasn't choppy at all. After I installed it, everything is ridiculously choppy. When a pitch is being thrown to me, it sputters on the screen before I can make the appropriate adjustment to hit the ball. It's awful..

Could this possibly be because I'm using the no-cd?? Theoretically it shouldn't, but this game is so screwy that I wouldn't be surprised.

If you're using the no-CD, your game is not fully patched. Maybe that's why you're having issues right now.

I was using the "no-cd" but before installing the 2nd patch I put the original "MVP2004.exe" file back in the game.

Then installed 2nd patch and received the confirmation message that patch 2 was successfully installed.

I then went back and re-installed the "no-cd" file (again replacing the original .exe file)....so I assume patch 2 is still installed properly.

When I first tried to install the 2nd patch I received a message "patch 2 was not installed"....that is when it dawned on me that patch 2 was looking for the original ".exe" file and didn't recognize the "no-cd .exe" file.

For you file knowledgable guys, does the patch look like something RRodkey will be able to convert to his Roddata file. Most sepecifically the lefty fix. I love his files on my XBOX and am hoping the new patch will work as well...

I was using the "no-cd" but before installing the 2nd patch I put the original "MVP2004.exe" file back in the game.

Then installed 2nd patch and received the confirmation message that patch 2 was successfully installed.

I then went back and re-installed the "no-cd" file (again replacing the original .exe file)....so I assume patch 2 is still installed properly.

When I first tried to install the 2nd patch I received a message "patch 2 was not installed"....that is when it dawned on me that patch 2 was looking for the original ".exe" file and didn't recognize the "no-cd .exe" file.

no once you reinstalled the no-cd patch you are not longer using the "EA 2nd patch" sorry, wait for a new no-cd crack. all you are using is the updated rosters, progresstion update, dat file changes. none of the coding changes like choppyness and left hander problem.

For you file knowledgable guys, does the patch look like something RRodkey will be able to convert to his Roddata file. Most sepecifically the lefty fix. I love his files on my XBOX and am hoping the new patch will work as well...

no, if you install the patch and then using the MVP2003.exe from the cd, patch1, or either of the no-patches yo u stil have the lefty problem

no once you reinstalled the no-cd patch you are not longer using the "EA 2nd patch" sorry, wait for a new no-cd crack. all you are using is the updated rosters, progresstion update, dat file changes. none of the coding changes like choppyness and left hander problem.

yep that sounds about right.

and yeah, I think the lefty bug (although I could never care less about it) was hardcoded in the game, so the patch was needed for that. Using an old no-cd crack will most probably eliminate the patch effect for that particular bug...

its not changing it on the game its changing it on your desktop right click your desktop and then click properties, then click the settings tab, then click

the advance button, then clikc the monitor tab then set the "screen refresh rate" to whatever mvp baseball 2004 told you to, remember what it was set to before because if it doesnt work you should change it back to what it was set to before

I know how to change the refresh rate on my desktop. It's at 85 mhz right now. I was just wondering if MVP 2004 had an in-game setting to put in a manual refresh setting. Or maybe a file I can edit to force a refresh setting (85 mhz) to match my monitor.

BTW MVP 2004 never told me to switch my refresh rate. I just switched my resolution to 1280 x 1024, but I was hoping that it would have different refresh rates for each resolution like most other new games have.

yep that sounds about right.

and yeah, I think the lefty bug (although I could never care less about it) was hardcoded in the game, so the patch was needed for that. Using an old no-cd crack will most probably eliminate the patch effect for that particular bug...

Yep....You guys are correct. For once I thought I out-smarted the computer but NOOOOO!

Since I have plenty of time on my hands, I'm gonna uninstall and then re-install MVP2004....Wasn't really satisfied with some of the mods I downloaded anyway.

So....after I install the game again, I'll add Patch2 and then determine what other mods (which I still have in a special folder) I want to add back into MVP2004.

As I say....Obviously I have not much else to do. :mrgreen:

Can I save a folder with all the modded stadiums in it then re-install the game and replace stadiums or do I have to download each stadium one by one again?
I tryed to save the stadiums folder and then replaced the data files with the ones on the install cds. but it kept crashing after the patch :banghead: so I had to do a un & reinstall that really sucked but I am lucky to have been smart enough to burn all the modds to cd so all I had to do was patch the game and reup all the modds wasnt that bad.

Archived