What type of stadium will you create in MVP 2005?

jg2977

PaulW,

I know exactly of what you speak. It truly is like a "Field of Dreams" come true to relive those so many vivid memories. Your creation of Oldtime Yankee Stadium certainly has added to this youthful indulgence for me and for that I sincerely offer you my full hearted "Thanks". Sandman has contributed greatly with his oldtime uniforms and FuzZ certainly has been a focal point and meant a great deal to all of this. AlexTony, Cartersyard, Capa2000 and of course probably most of all Robert Glass with his MVPEdit creation have all played major roles in this Oldtime Baseball Revival. For a 57 year old baseball fan like myself to be staying up many mornings 'till 3 and 4 O'clock just smiling, laughing and feeling like a beaming eyed kid again you know those guys have done a masterful job and provided a very special & unique gift to so many of us. "Priceless" is even short of an adequate description. I hope that the younger fans here at MVPMods can cherish this true "Love For the Game" for as long as we have. Like I encourage my 4 kids in college these days to do (although They say "Preach"!) ...... find Your Passion In Life - Follow IT and Enjoy It to it's Fullest and Don't concern Yourself with what others think you should be doing !!!

PaulW,

As you said "I always think what I would have said if somehow I could have been sent into the future when I was a kid and seen what MVP (and Highheat before it went into the crapper) can do.":

I have to chuckle because I can distinctly remember sitting on the floor in front of our black and white TV set watching "The Game of the Week" with Dizzy Dean & Curt Gowdy in the very early '60s with all my Strat-O-Matic cards and game parts in front of me - telling my Mom that someday I am going to figure out how to put all these cards inside the TV and I will be able to control all these baseball players and play them whenever I want to just like it looks on TV!!! I can only imagine had I followed my Passion from those days what I might be doing today. Actually I would probably be doing exactly what I am doing - and that is enjoying this Game to the Hilt !!!

PaulW,

As you said "I always think what I would have said if somehow I could have been sent into the future when I was a kid and seen what MVP (and Highheat before it went into the crapper) can do.":

I have to chuckle because I can distinctly remember sitting on the floor in front of our black and white TV set watching "The Game of the Week" with Dizzy Dean & Curt Gowdy in the very early '60s with all my Strat-O-Matic cards and game parts in front of me - telling my Mom that someday I am going to figure out how to put all these cards inside the TV and I will be able to control all these baseball players and play them whenever I want to just like it looks on TV!!! I can only imagine had I followed my Passion from those days what I might be doing today. Actually I would probably be doing exactly what I am doing - and that is enjoying this Game to the Hilt !!!

It's really amazing stuff that these PC's can do today. I learned programming using punch cards myself (I HATED those punch-card machines!).

Now all you youngsters out there, I hope you appreciate how cool this stuff really is! :)

To make a hitter park..heres what I'd do-

HITTERS PARK

300-Left Field

Walls are five feet all around.

350-Left Center

400-Center

350-Right Center

300-Right Field

Ground Type-Grass(would make turf but i hate it)

Stadium Type- Enclosed-Not Domed Ex-Yankee Stadium

PITCHERS PARK

330-Left-10 feet

370-Left Center-12 feet

410-Center-15 feet

370-Right Center-12 feet

330-Right-10 feet

Ground Type-Grass

Stadium Type- Open Ex:Shea Stadium

I think these would be pretty nice stadiums. And with the power of hitters today...they would have no problem hitting it out of the pitchers park-(thats why i would make it an open stadium)

Somthing that would be cool is if you can change grass. For ex: Shea Stadium has different types of grass designs. And also if you can engrave your teams logo into the field. Ex: Shea Stadium Center Field had NY ingraved into grass.

:roll: Per the EA Sports site -- All-New Create Ballpark: In Owner Mode, build a pitcher’s paradise or a hitter’s dream. Will you spend your earnings to upgrade your ballpark or to sign that key free agent who could bring you a championship?

What? You mean they won't have an option where as an owner I can demand my city to build me a new stadium with taxpayer dollars or I'll move the franchise? And they call this realistic? :p

Archived