What type of stadium will you create in MVP 2005?

jg2977

Now that we know that there will be some sort of create-a-stadium feature in MVP 2005, it would be interesting to hear what kind of stadiums you would build for your teams. For the time being, let's assume that you can alter outfield dimensions, wall height, choose between turf and grass, and choose between open-air stadiums and dome/retractable roof stadiums. Also, maybe describe the stadium capacity, # of tiers, bleachers in the outfield, and other things like that.

I would like to build a retractable roof stadium for the Yankees. My dimensions would be 310 LF, 380 RCF, 410 CF, 375 RF, 320 RF. The wall heights would vary between only 3 ft high up to 20 ft high in certain places. I would definitely choose grass and a retractable roof. Since it's the Yankees, they always have a high attendance, so I would make the stadium capacity at least 60,000. And I would include a lot of luxury boxes if I could, because I know that Steinbrenner would want that.

Something fun to try would be to make it 400 down the lines, but only 300 in center field!

I doubt that the game will allow you to make the lines 400 feet and 300 in center, its just too unrealistic.

Anyway....my stadium would probably be for an expansion team (if you can do that in 2005) in Hartford, CT. It would be a grass, open-air stadium with a seating capacity of about 55,000 because there would be a very high attendance for games against the Red Sox and Yankees, if not for any of the other games. Walls would be anywhere from 6 to 15 feet, and the dimensions would be 320 LF, 395 LCF, 435 CF, 400 RCF, 335 RF.

It will probably be similar to the stadium creation tool in the Madden Football series. You'll be able to choose grass or turf, open air or domed, wall colour and maybe even the dimensions... I doubt it will be anything too special... but with the help of some modders, it will be fantastic!

you know, my only wish is that there the new stadiums that can be unlocked include Ebbets Field. I wanted polo grounds and tiger stadium and they included it this year, but i really hope for an ebbets field.

still stuck in the past. :lol:

you know, my only wish is that there the new stadiums that can be unlocked include Ebbets Field. I wanted polo grounds and tiger stadium and they included it this year, but i really hope for an ebbets field.

I 2nd that Ebbets Field will be the 1st new stadium i want ....

old time baseball had some good old stadiums and so did hardball 5

like LA Coliseum

Ebbets is an absolute, ABSOLUTE must. I hope EA includes it! My Ebbets/Shibe is basically a complete hack. It's the best I could with what I had to work with.

I would love to see old Young Motors and the gas station on the other side of Bedford Avenue in right. Hitting homers into Bedford, and breaking the display windows in Young Motors would be a dream come true. I'm obviously getting carried away.

Depending on how in depth the create a stadium module is, the Stadium I would like to create first is old Cleveland Municipal. This is the first I've heard of this new function of the game - it sounds pretty exciting to me!

Ebbets is an absolute, ABSOLUTE must. I hope EA includes it! My Ebbets/Shibe is basically a complete hack. It's the best I could with what I had to work with.

I would love to see old Young Motors and the gas station on the other side of Bedford Avenue in right. Hitting homers into Bedford, and breaking the display windows in Young Motors would be a dream come true. I'm obviously getting carried away.

Depending on how in depth the create a stadium module is, the Stadium I would like to create first is old Cleveland Municipal. This is the first I've heard of this new function of the game - it sounds pretty exciting to me!

Sounds like you've been playing/watching baseball for quite some time paul, how old are you, just wondering

Well I'm - uh - 48 :oops:

I never got to see a game at Ebbets - have lots of friends who have however. I have a huge passion for baseball history, however. Have read many books on the Dodgers and Ebbets and been studying old time ball for 20 years or so.

Favorite guys I do remember watching-

Hank Aaron, Warren Spahn, Sandy Koufax, Luis Aparicio, Boog Powell and many others.

Playing MVP keeps me young. Gotta go take my Metamucil now and maybe a nap. :? :?

May your hands always be busy

May your feet always be swift

May you have a firm foundation

As the winds of changes shift

May you build a highway to the stars

And climb on every rung...

I grew up on oldtime music too. Thanks for the great site, trues :)

I think we have a fairly sizeable contingency of "Real" OLDTIME Baseball enthusiast here at mvpmods. I myself am 57 and awhile back, I forget exactly who on this forum, told me I was a mere youngster compared to him. But you might be surprised (and I would hope pleasantly surprised) how many of us OLDTIMERS really enjoy this site, this particular group of members and of course this game. My first real computer baseball game (excluding those spinning disk/Deck of Cards early types) was the Strat-O-Matic board game which I scraped up my nickels and dimes and bought in '63 while in high school. Bought it out of an add from a Marvel Comic book I was reading. We've come along way with computer based baseball games. They are so much better now than then but even then the fun was still relatively the same. As a Marine in Vietnam in the later '60s I was a computer programmer working on an IBM S/360 writting Cobol programs and actually was programming my Strat-O-Matic type game on that system then. Started with only the intent of having the computer help me keep stats then had a heck of an idea to actually simulate gameplay based on players abilities and actual game situations. Now for those that don't remember those days there were no such things as computer screens much less computer graphics so all my results were simply printed on computer paper in those days and I would enter my commands (i.e. Plays/Coaching decision etc.) from a typewriter looking console. If only I had stuck with that idea I had then I could possibly have been competing with EA Sports today. But instead I am finishing up a 30+ year career with IBM and enjoying these computer games very much like I didn games over 40 years ago.

I'd like to see Exhibition Stadium in it, possibly with snow outs

Why would they waste valuable disk space on Exhibition Stadium? Bleh. If anything, they should have Old Comiskey Park, Ebbets Field, or Cleveland Municipal Stadium. (Would be nice if they had all three.)

Stecropper - I started with strat-o-matic in 1963 also. I remember my first teams I purchased very well - the Milwaukee Braves, Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco Giants and New York Yankees. I still have the game and all the old card sets.

Strat-o-matic got me started in my interest in old time baseball when they came out with there classic teams in the late 60's. I had the '53 Dodgers, '54 Giants, '50 Phillies, '57 Braves, '50 Yankess, '46 Red Sox and '48 Indians. I loved playing with these teams. Reading "The Boys of Summer" as an early teenager was also a big influence on my interestt.

I really enjoy playing MVP with old time teams, players and stadiums. I get to relive part of my youth. I always think what I would have said if somehow I could have been sent into the future when I was a kid and seen what MVP (and Highheat before it went into the crapper) can do. This may sound a bit corny, but when I'm hitting as Mickey Mantle in old time Yankee or Willie Mays in the Polo Grounds I'm truly living a dream come true.

Archived