The second patch and player progression mods

xedef17

Does the 2nd patch effectively fix all of the player progression issues? Or is billharris44's player progression mod still a better way to go making sure that dynasties stay balanced and late round players can blossom into decent major leaguers?

Well, hehehe... sorry. I've been very busy today and for the first time since the beggining of march, I haven't played a single MVP ball game :shock:.

But now that the patch is here... hehehe... to hell with what I'm doing... IT'S PLAYBALL TIME!!!.

Player progression is specifically mentioned in the read me--in particular, rookie creation. I'll try to find out specifics.

The patch will also puke if you're not using the default rookie.big file. That file has been changed. I don't think it matters if you're using the default progress.big, though, because that file was not touched.

Okay, I've done some research and unfortunately it's not looking too good at this point. Progress.big, which controls player progression, was not modified by the patch. Rookie.big was, but the changes fall under the category of 'complete crap.' Here are the changes:

1. Retirement rolls have been deleted for 45 year olds. I assume that means that age 44 is the oldest possible for players.

2. Some very minor changes to the secondary position rolls have been made.

If they really did change player progression, as they say in the readme file, then it must be contained in the .exe itself. I've got some volunteer testers running a 20-season dynasty with the patched files and hopefully I'll have an answer tomorrow mid-day.

I installed easports 2nd patch today and I can never finish a damn game because it keeps crashing on me :x and I am really getting pissed...anyone know why this happens and is there any way I can uninstall the 2nd patch??

lefty bug not fixed :(

Huh!?

My left handed power hitters are having a ball, hehehe. Dunn 4 HRs, Griffey 3 HRs and Casey 1 HR in 10 games. And not only that, lefties have hit 7 HRs against me in that same span... which, after only seeing 2 HR's by a left-handed hitter in about 30 games, is SWEEEET! ;).

Archived