How To Pitch Strikeout?

clemonte

mix your pitches. throw outside strike for the first pitch. throw fastballs way in or up. throw balls to set up pitches.

i could get 10 strikes per game throwing

1. fastball on the outside corner 0-1

2. fastball hard and in 1-1

3. changeup outside corner 1-2.

4. fastball up and in 2-2 or strikeout.

5. breaking ball (curveball or circle change) down in the strike zone through the middle of the plate 2-3

i hate it though so i maxed out every slider to make pitching harder so that i could miss location and stuff. i still get 4-6 k's per game, sometimes more.

mix your pitches. throw outside strike for the first pitch. throw fastballs way in or up. throw balls to set up pitches.

i could get 10 strikes per game throwing

1. fastball on the outside corner 0-1

2. fastball hard and in 1-1

3. changeup outside corner 1-2.

4. fastball up and in 2-2 or strikeout.

5. breaking ball (curveball or circle change) down in the strike zone through the middle of the plate 2-3

i hate it though so i maxed out every slider to make pitching harder so that i could miss location and stuff. i still get 4-6 k's per game, sometimes more.

I would not advise pitching like this. I know with my sliders i would get hammered if i threw like that.

I like to start the count off with a fastball to get ahead in the count and throw breaking and off speed pitches from then on unless i fall behind. If I'm behind in the count i will usually throw a fastball down and away on the corner or a curve if I'm using a pitcher with good control.

The main thing i never do is elevate my pitches. I have the AI power at 100 so if i put something high, it's most likely gonna be driven. I may throw 2 high pitches the entire game. I have the most success keeping my pitches low and working the count, don't fall behind if there is a power hitter up.

maybe i didn't make myself clear - pitches 2 and 4 are way out of the strike zone and are used to set up other pitches (changeup down and away follows hard and way in fastball) while pitch 5 starts in the strike zone but breaks almost in the dirt. getting 7-10 k's with 'getting closer' sliders.

So any guide on getting strikeouts? I usually get around 3 a game. I play in classic pitch mode since I'm using keyboard.

Play against the Cubs. Pitch Soriano low and outside sliders. You'll have three or four a game if you do that plus the others you rack up along the way.

maybe i didn't make myself clear - pitches 2 and 4 are way out of the strike zone and are used to set up other pitches (changeup down and away follows hard and way in fastball) while pitch 5 starts in the strike zone but breaks almost in the dirt. getting 7-10 k's with 'getting closer' sliders.

Gotcha, I thought you were throwing them in the strike zone.

= meatballs seeyaaa :rolleyes:

That's my strikeout pitch :p

Have you tried waiting a little longer before you start the second gesture? Might want to hit up the practice mode and practice that pitch. Ideally you want it to hit very low and possibly even hit the dirt right in front of the plate.

= meatballs seeyaaa :rolleyes:

just pitched 13k's with beckett using 'getting closer' sliders. i think 7 of them were on curveball that starts in the middle of the plate then falls down in the dirt. he pitched only six innings couse he had pitch count around 95 - you really have to set up your pitches and throw balls.

in real life yeah

not in this game though

if i get a 3-0 count and throw an outside fastball that is barely a strike they never let it go by.

do you have patch installed?

when i'm 3-o i'll throw a fastball through the middle and almost every guy will take it. guys like howard or dunn will swing, but most guys will take it.

Archived