Avoiding The Tag On A Grounder ...

CircleChange11

Maybe I missed something in previous versions (and I never read the 2k9 manual), but tonight with Duncan on first, Pujols hits a routine grounder to Sanchez at 2nd, for what should be a routine double play.

Just to be an idiot, I moved the left stick down as if I were really able to run out of the basebaline (I guess with 2k, you never know). To my surprise, Duncan jumped back and avoided the tag, forcing Sanchez to throw to second, and allowing Pujols to reach safely.

I tried it again in my 3rd game, and Sanchez made the tag and completed the throw to 1st for the DP.

I had never noticed this before.

Am I the only one that didn't know you could do this?

This happened to me to, i was doing franchise, routine grounder to Cano then well yea blah, has anybody experienced the 1b glitch when you throw it high and there back foot is off the bag? there was also another time the bases were loaded and it was a ground out and once i threw to 1st to get the EASY out Texiera was by 2nd base and nobody was covering 1st wtf? *Sigh*

This happened to me to, i was doing franchise, routine grounder to Cano then well yea blah, has anybody experienced the 1b glitch when you throw it high and there back foot is off the bag? there was also another time the bases were loaded and it was a ground out and once i threw to 1st to get the EASY out Texiera was by 2nd base and nobody was covering 1st wtf? *Sigh*

I've aso noticed that on a sac bunt that the 3rd baseman, pitcher and catcher all charge and chase the ball, and if memory serves me right the SS is still at his position. It's only a matter of time before I have a speedy guy going to second and I try to take 3rd. The ol Alfredo Griffin play.

I've had this happen before too, but I think it's an automatic thing, not something you do. I done nothing with Ankiel running from 1B to 2B and the second basemen picked up the ball and tagged Ankiel, as he tried to dodge the tag. I thought it was dumb because it should have been an easy double play for the CPU, but instead they just went for the tag.

has anybody experienced the 1b glitch when you throw it high and there back foot is off the bag?

It isn't a glitch if you throw it high...

Archived