The Quick Throw Button...

Fallub

Im wondering about the quick throw button (Left Trigger on a 360 pad). The manual says while I hold it down the fielder releases the ball quickly. In theory its a great idea: making difficult plays with a higher risk of an error throw.

But after testing it for hours in the fielding training mode... I can barely see any difference (been trying for hours to get two almost identical situations to test the same throw while holding and and without).

It seems like the throwing bar is more red (so a higher risk of an inaccurate throw) and less green than a normal throw... but the throw doesn't seem to be executed much faster. This is especially true for catcher's throws and outfielders. They don't seem to realease the ball quicker.

(I tested that on default and modified sliders btw)

it's faster. try turning the double play without the trigger and you'll fail 8 times out of 10.

I've yet to see it work....but I don't have to many problems turning a double play. I probably turn 8 out of 10. I've tried the quick throw button and haven't seen any difference.

i never use it and i get my double plays 99.9% of the time. i don't know what game you're playing.

hm. i couldn't turn 30% of double plays without fast throw, so i get used to use it all the time. this was pre patch though. didn't test it post patch couse i'm using it on every play.

perhaps sliders affect this feature too? i have runner speed set at 60.

I never use the quick throw and turn double plays all the time. I do howerver preload my throws.

What is a preloaded throw?

I use the quick throw button on every play. I'm used to it from before the patch where it would actually create less errors. Haven't tested it after the patch because it's working fine with it. I have throw meter influence at 80.

What is a preloaded throw?

I use the quick throw button on every play. I'm used to it from before the patch where it would actually create less errors. Haven't tested it after the patch because it's working fine with it. I have throw meter influence at 80.

Preloading the throw is when I get a grounder to say the SS and want to turn the double play,I am hitting my stick to throw to second right before the ball gets to the SS, and instantly hitting to throw to first after I do the second base throw motion,It speeds up the transition. I do it in the outfield too and I never get the outfield glitch by doing this. I have my throw meter influence at 100

I also start moving the R-stick toward the base I am throwing to BEFORE I actually field the ball. So a 6-4-3 DP for me, using the r-stick, is almost like throwing a 2-seamer with total control pitching. Up-and-over ... no stop ... all started before the fielder actually has the ball.

This would not work on 2k8 b/c you had to have both [1] the right amount of power (throw meter) AND [2] the correct angle of throw (if you threw to say 4 or 5 o'clock, your throw would be just to right of the 1B bag). Man, I miss all of the user influence in that game. Unfortunately there's quite a few people that like auto fielding and button pitching, etc.

Also, sometimes you're better off throwing on the run, b/c by the time the fielder stops, pats his glove ... it's too late.

Archived