Mets Vest Uni's

T-Rags

Hi, I just joined MVP Mods a few days ago after I bought 2k9, and I have to say there is some excellent work being done here, it is greatly appreciated.

Back in the day I used to do mods for High Heat baseball, and one that I had created that looked awesome was adding a Mets "vest" uni. I used the Pirates as a template and changed it to a Mets logo.

My modding days are long gone, but I was hoping that someone would try to make this uni. I had made 3 versions... 2 home (one with black sleeves, and one with blue) and the road gray with black sleeves. They all looked cool. Anybody up to making these?

Thanks!!!

Tom

Apparently no one wants to waste time to serve you with your fictional jerseys. Make your own, and stop bumping.

wow, is that how you treat all new posters, dickhead? I used to do this **** all the time, but with my new son, who has time. The jersey is actually cool, and there are a ton of fictional stuff on here, so kiss my italian ***, douchebag.

wow, is that how you treat all new posters, dickhead? I used to do this **** all the time, but with my new son, who has time. The jersey is actually cool, and there are a ton of fictional stuff on here, so kiss my italian ***, douchebag.

well that might not be the best way to try to get a mod done,

i know u want this done but thanks to that, most likly wont get done.

welcome to the site though

just one thing, when u ask for a mod, just wait for someone to do it, never keep asking for it, one time is usaly good.

and yelling at the modders is never a good way to get a mod done. might have to try it your self now.

good luck

:D I love insults via the internet. Keep your little kid comebacks comin'. You expect modders to serve you as if they are under your command. If someone wanted to take this up, they will on their own time. Not on yours.

I'm making progress for my Cardinals "vest/sleeveless" jerseys (to replace the classic 1900's jerseys).

Here's what I have done so far ...

[1] Decompress the jerseys (StL home white, away greay, classic 1, and classic 2, among others).

[2] Open the files using iff editor.

[3] Selected sequence 6 from the drop down menu for each jersey that I needed.

[4] saved that image as a bmp.

[5] opened the bmp with photoshop.

[6] Used PIT's sleeveless jersey as a template.

[7] Used the magic wand tool on the black sleeve to highlight/select it (worked perfectly).

[8] Created a new image (1000x600).

[9] Drug the highlighted black sleeve onto the new image, creating a new layer/image.

[10] Used the hue/saturation feature, to color the sleeve to be the color I need it (any color is possible).

[11] drug the newly colored sleeve onto the cardinals jersey (red for home whites, navy for away greys).

[12] Copied the home white and away gray iff files and placed them in a junk folder, renamed them to cl1 and cl2 (the classic jerseys files), and copied them back into my "2k9 unis folders" ... so that the home white jersey will replace the home 1900 jersey, and the away grey will replace the away 1900 jersey.

Now, all I need to do is integrate my edited bmps, into those two files (the renamed classic files) to replace the images currently in sequence 6, and then do whatever I need to to "compress" them (if needed), so that I can copy the new iff files into my 2k9 folder and use them in a game.

What exactly do I need to do to get my new bmps to replace the ones in sequence 6 of the files that I can view in the iff editor. I have tried to use the "add" and "load" features but receive an error message.

I saved as a 32-bit bmp file, if that matters.

Any help you guys can give me will be greatley appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Once I figure out how to get the bmps into the iff files, I can make the Mets' vest/sleeveless jersey in about 5 minutes.

I'm making progress for my Cardinals "vest/sleeveless" jerseys (to replace the classic 1900's jerseys).

Here's what I have done so far ...

[1] Decompress the jerseys (StL home white, away greay, classic 1, and classic 2, among others).

[2] Open the files using iff editor.

[3] Selected sequence 6 from the drop down menu for each jersey that I needed.

[4] saved that image as a bmp.

[5] opened the bmp with photoshop.

[6] Used PIT's sleeveless jersey as a template.

[7] Used the magic wand tool on the black sleeve to highlight/select it (worked perfectly).

[8] Created a new image (1000x600).

[9] Drug the highlighted black sleeve onto the new image, creating a new layer/image.

[10] Used the hue/saturation feature, to color the sleeve to be the color I need it (any color is possible).

[11] drug the newly colored sleeve onto the cardinals jersey (red for home whites, navy for away greys).

[12] Copied the home white and away gray iff files and placed them in a junk folder, renamed them to cl1 and cl2 (the classic jerseys files), and copied them back into my "2k9 unis folders" ... so that the home white jersey will replace the home 1900 jersey, and the away grey will replace the away 1900 jersey.

Now, all I need to do is integrate my edited bmps, into those two files (the renamed classic files) to replace the images currently in sequence 6, and then do whatever I need to to "compress" them (if needed), so that I can copy the new iff files into my 2k9 folder and use them in a game.

What exactly do I need to do to get my new bmps to replace the ones in sequence 6 of the files that I can view in the iff editor. I have tried to use the "add" and "load" features but receive an error message.

I saved as a 32-bit bmp file, if that matters.

Any help you guys can give me will be greatley appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Once I figure out how to get the bmps into the iff files, I can make the Mets' vest/sleeveless jersey in about 5 minutes.

Just drag and drop the image over the old one inside the editor.

c'mon ... it can't be that easy.

Surely, I have to download 2 or 3 more programs to change the file types, import an image, resize, change to another file type, and then compress the image, etc.

If that's the case, and it is that simple, then modding unis is going to be a very quick and easy process. The key is going to be figuring out the stretching that takes place in the texture, but looking at some of the in game jerseys, it's seems rather straight forward.

Now, if one were to edit/replace the jersey script, would they have to mess with the texture/negative (green) image also? That doesn;t seem extremely difficult, as the emboss feature would likely serve the purpose to give the script a "raised/stitched" look.

I tried it, and it *worked* ... sort of. As you can see I was unable to completely overcome the 1900s underneath texture, which I do not understand b/c I took a copy of the cards home white uni and a copy of the cards away jersey and renamed them to the same name of the classic (1900) jerseys, and then copied and replaced the classic jerseys from the 2k9 folder. I must've made a mistake in my rush test attempt.

So I must bemissing something.

Still, this was like 10-15 minutes work ... total.

There needs to be some detail/chord work on the vest portion to give it a better look. I'll also need to work, obviously, at getting rid of the "collar" texture under the jersey "skin".

I also gave the cardinals the "CIN Reds" pants, with red piping down the side.

CardinalVestUnis.jpg

Not sure why it isn't working. Here is the "sequence 7" image, taken from the uni fil in the 2k9 folder (used in the game). It doesn't show anything close to a "1900's collar".

cardstexture.jpg

Do I need to replace the bin/files used to edit the bmp or what? I'm lost.

Is it possible to get rid of the "1900's collar" aspect of the uni?

Any feedback is appreciated, and I'll make the changes (if possible) tomorrow and see if I can get started on some of the concept unis from MVP.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind some black shadowing under the letters and numbers, but I really don't care to see the all black uniforms and the black hats. I think the pinstripe uniforms with the blue hats is very very nice and classic looking.

I don't mind some black shadowing under the letters and numbers, but I really don't care to see the all black uniforms and the black hats. I think the pinstripe uniforms with the blue hats is very very nice and classic looking.

i like both uniforms, i almost like the black ones better

but i liked the royals ones to

Black has been part of their uni since 1998.

I know, I meant like they really needed to have black in their unis at all.

The White Sox went black back in their 'Good guys wear black' days, and now everyone has a black jersey. Heck, even the green & yellow A's have a black jersey.

Maybe it's because I'm from Illinois, but I think orange and blue are an awesome combo. They're the only mlb team with blue and orange, I don;t see wy they don;t use it (more often), rather than just settling for black.

Black jerseys, at this point, are cliche.

When anyone thinks of the Mets, do they really think "black"?

Archived