Pitch Break Influence

abclefty12

I'm working on it. I played a couple games with the PBI lowered to 75 and I'm seeing the CPU hit more sliders, but not many curve balls yet. I'll drop it a little lower and see the results.

Man, i figured this out too, it seems i could strike everybody out all night just throwing curveballs and circle change´s

After testing the slider over a few games, I found that the lower the slider is, the easier the CPU hits breaking pitches. I set the slider on 50 and the CPU was definitely getting the best of my curveball. I would advise that if you are striking out too many batters, put the slider around 75 or 80. 75 or 80 seems to be a happy medium and pretty realistic. No more money pitch for me!

Good find.

That combined with removing the ball cursor, strike zone, and inside edge, have been upgrades to the game.

I'm wondering how many guys actually want to remove the "money pitch" aspect. *grin*

It sems to me that the AI does catch on to what you are trying to do after some time, and the 2-strike change goes from money pitch to foul ball to routine out to "hey, they can hit that pretty well" type of situation.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but "pattern pitching" loses its effectivess somewhat, after a little bit. Anyone else notice this?

I have noticed that too, I will try not to get into a pattern with my pitches. I will have to check what my PBI is set to, because I can pretty much throw my curve ball for a strike anytime. That is nice, but not to realistic...

Won't having it break less, make it easier to throw for a strike? I would up the gesture rating, hold timing, and release timing. 5 points each to start.

Throwing a curve for a strike isn't the hard part ... getting an umpire to call it consistently is the tough part. *wink* You can throw the same curveball, ending in the same spot and have it called two ways by the same ump (high, where it starts its break ... low, where it ends up) ... with some umps there's no "middle" ... and that's why God created the cutter.

Archived