Oslb ~~ Season 3!

Gordo

Hey ballers! Want to join a small, but fun league where the guys play the game as it was meant to be played?? Join up with the OSLB (Old School League Baseball)! We'll feature:

**30 game schedule (May 2nd through July 26th)

**Play 5 games in 2 weeks minimum

**Playoffs

**KG rosters 7.1

**Injuries that can last from 1 game to season ending

As of now, it's looking like the Red Sox, Phillies, Rays and probably the Mets will be spoken for, but many other teams are still up in the air. We try to emulate the real game of baseball and that means we don't quick pitch or pre-load the bat.

PM me here or hit me up on AIM ( daflyboys2k3 ) for more information. You can also go to our website and click on the essential files and links page here: http://oslb.synthasite.com/

GOTTA HURRY THOUGH, WE'RE STARTING THIS SUNDAY!!

I've heard really great things about this new league. My brother and I are gonna join up for season 3. All of you out there wanting a great sim experience should join up. Doesn't look like they have too many members right now, but all it takes is a strong committment from 4-6 guys to add to the 4 or 5 they already have and we could have a GREAT number for a start up. Hopefully it will grow from there. Plus these guys apparently don't mess around. 5 game minimum in 2 weeks??? You know you'll be getting into a league where you won't have to sit around waiting for idle managers. I HATE THAT!

I don't know about anybody else, but playing the computer on this game is so boring. The best part about a live matchup with a real player (ESPECIALLY in a league where you play some of the same players multiple times) is that you start to learn their tendancies, patterns, and styles of play. It's impossible to predict what pitch the computer will throw because it's completely random, but the mental chessmatch combined with the ability or inability to execute at the moments when it counts the most are what makes head to head play so much fun! Add to that the thrill of fighting for a playoff spot and ultimately a championship and you're gonna have an experience that playing against the computer doesn't even come close to competing with.

So then the last question you have to ask yourself is "how do i know this league will be worth my time?" They're a young league and they probably have some of the same issues that any startup league would have, but the core members are obviously mature and if they get a few more of you who are just as solid then that's really all you need for a league to succeed.

Good luck to all of you who end up joining this league for season 3. Even if it's just me, my bro, and the other members who have been there before, we'll just have to have fun without you I guess :D

BECOME A MEMBER! See you on the field!

Beginning of the season got delayed due to some complications. We are now at 8. I'm willing to go as high as 10 or 12, so if you have had last minute thoughts about joining a realistic online MVP-PC league, contact me soon!

aim: daflyboys2k3

• 2 weeks later...

Early start to the season has some surprises. A heavy wooded Nationals team is making some noise having defeated the season 1 champion Red Sox team and then trouncing the Blue Jays last night. Philadelphia also remains undefeated at this early juncture, surviving a bid by the Angels to come back late in last evening's contest. Kyle Kendrick suffered a leg fracture and will miss his next two starts. Park will be called back up from the Iron Pigs. The Mets are struggling with run production out of the gate and had an early scare reporting that Johann Santana experienced shoulder inflammation, but his rehab time will not affect his next start. Josh Beckett has been strong in the early going for the Bosox, throwing 2 complete games. The Rays and Cubs have yet to kick off their season, but will undoubtedly see some action this weekend.

Follow along at: Old School League Baseball

We've had a very good opening week with a good deal of drama, excitement and even injuries...primarily to pitchers, though. It seems that it will be the cliche of any team could be any other team on any given night which should make for an interesting season! We even have a full stats area in place where you can follow along with a given team or keep track of how all the teams rank against each other in all kinds of categories!

Follow along at Old School League Baseball

• 1 month later...

Archived