Please Reduce The Total Of Anttendance

Stevesachs

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm certain you can change the appearance of the crowd. It's one of the files that can be edited with the iff editor.

BY accident I placed a green bump image over the crowd file, and in one game the whole crowd looked like green jello.

I would imagine someone (anyone really) could edit the image and remove some of the "skins" with a blank (invisible) image and the faces on the crowd would be fewer (i.e., some would be invisible) ... but there'd likely be a transparent model in its place, rather than an empty seat.

I have no idea if this would improve gameplay speed (frame rate), but I may give it a shot later on.

It would have to be done for each team's jersey. One could theoretically edit the crowd for each team (again, each jersey file would need to be edited) to have more/less attendance based on the team, and/or whichever jersey they are wearing.

But as for actually removing the person model of the crowd, I don;t think that's possible, the only possibility would be to have an "invisible" (clear gelatin) looking type model. In practice, I'm not sure if this is how it would work out or not.

BUt, one could edit the faces/bodies of the crowd to change the jersey they wear, their appearance, or perhaps replace their apperance with a clear image to give the perception of "less" crowd.

Here's how to do it.

[1] Download the iff editor (it's in a thread here).

[2] Decide which team and jersey to edit.

[3] Decompress that fle by dragging it to the BIN folder within the folder of the iff editor.

[4] Save the jersey somewhere as a bmp file.

[5] Use an image editing program (photoshop, etc) and select the "eraser" tool.

[6] Use the eraser tool to 'erase' some of the crowd images (there's only like 6 or 7 different 'people' in the crowd).

[7] Save the file as bmp.

[8] Open the iff editor in a window and 'open' the file (jersey: ex: slc_cob).

[9] Open the fodler with your edited crowd bmp.

[10] Place the two folders side by side.

[11] Scroll down the images in the iff editor until you see the crowd image.

[12] Click and drag your edited bmp file onto the crowd image showing in the editor.

[13] Voila, it's replaced. I have no idea if the 'erased' people in the crowd show up as a 'white sheet over a 3D model' or appear to be somethng like a 'clear geletin' looking person. BUt it would definately look like "fewer people" in the crowd.

Give it a shot, and take a FRAP image and let us know how it looks.

If it "works", then simply open the next jersey file and repeat the process.

Then you would need to copy that file and past it into the mlb2k9 folder to have it appear in the game.

It's really pretty simple.

Edit: Now that I think about it, when you save the image as a bmp file, it will most likely save the "erased" portion as white. Now, what I don;t know ... and what might be a possibility ... is to take an image of an empty seat and place it where the white (erased) image would be. BUt, then you might also get in game action of the "chair/seat" standing and/or clapping.

Archived