Pitching

iSkylla

What's the difference between the two? I've done the tutorial, still a bit confused as to when to do the second part (the gesture?)

Like if it's a fastball, you do down until the yellow fills the circle and you do up when?

[1] Breakpoint means that you aim where the pitch will START it's break. Pinpoint means that you aim where its going to FINISH.

[2] Practice, practice, practice. THere is also a link in of the other pitching supoort threads to a video tutorial on 3-step pitching. It's from 2k8, but it's the same system in 2k9, only in 2k9 it's less dificult. In 2k8, different pitchers had different "paces" (speeds you wold have to do the gesture, etc), and it would get vastly more challenging as fatigue increased.

Yeah, I got the breakpoint and pinpoint after, I'm more of a fan of breakpoint. I took off release timing for the time being and it's a bit easier though I still get hit pretty hard some of the time, especially if you leave hanging curveball. Anyways thanks for the help, I'm doing my franchise, I have the yankees and I got Justin Verlander and Tim Wakefield for essentially nothing.

Archived