Need Some Advice

louie31313

hi there.. i am planning to start a franchise in mlb2k9 and i'm looking for a team to play..

i've always used the yankees for franchises and i decided i should play another team..i don't know if i wil present it here..because of my schedule.. but it's good to get something started ^_^

what team do u suggest?? i'm finding one that fits my playing style that relies on good pitching and speed.. i'm not too fancy for the homers.. also i would like a team that has a good farm system..

thanks guys..

Lots of speed and good young pitching with the Marlins.

Rotation:

Ricky Nolasco

Josh Johnson

Anibal Sanchez

Andrew Miller

Chris Volstad

No starter older than 26

Hanley Ramirez, Emilio Bonifaco, Cameron Maybin all provide speed. Dan Uggla, Jeremy Hermida, Chris Coghlan, Jorge Cantu, John Baker, Cody Ross all good hitters.

Good farm system, lots of pitching.

Lots of speed and good young pitching with the Marlins.

Rotation:

Ricky Nolasco

Josh Johnson

Anibal Sanchez

Andrew Miller

Chris Volstad

No starter older than 26

Hanley Ramirez, Emilio Bonifaco, Cameron Maybin all provide speed. Dan Uggla, Jeremy Hermida, Chris Coghlan, Jorge Cantu, John Baker, Cody Ross all good hitters.

Good farm system, lots of pitching.

oh thanks.. that looks good. ^_^ can i ask ur suggestions for trades?? to improve the team?

and maybe an AL team like the marlins??..

thanks very much KG..

I still think Texas would be a fun AL team to use in a franchise. They'll always hit w/ Hamilton, Kinsler, Young, Salty, etc.

Their pitching is sub par, but there are also free agents like Ben Sheets and Pedro that could be signed for a fantasy or "what if" aspect.

The A's would be the AL "Marlins" with all of their young prospects and tight budget. They also have a few big bats with Holliday, Giambi, Cust, etc.

At one time (last year) the A's had 11 of the 100 prospects.

Both teams (FLA & OAK) have a reasonable "chance" at winning their division (in terms of using them in a franchise).

Other comparable AL/NL combos (IMO), StL & Det, CHC & CWS, KC & PIT, MIL & MIN, etc.

I'd try the Giants its makes it funner and harder(but you do have Tim Lincecum!).

yeah, i tried the Giants and loved lincecum and all the pitching staff.. but i have problems with their offense.. i can't score more than 2 runs and almost have no homeruns..

so far i'm playing with the Marlins in a "Spring Training" i do in 1 month of schedule just to be familiar with the players/lineups and it's a blast shoutouts,slugfest,walkoffs.all of it. :D

• 1 month later...

The marlins are loaded and will only get better. In my MVP dynasty Uggla just completely destroys me. He scares me more than any batter ive faced through my first 30 games.

yeah.. i tried the marlins in a franchise and Uggla was a force for me... he and hanley completely destroyed opposing pitchers Uggla's power is just awesome

by the way i decided i will use the Mets in Franchise mode and it's fun even though i have problems with my offense.. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm planning to start a new franchise..(i held my Rays one because of the results i'm getting, some good but most of the time unrealistic) and i got my sliders to work now.. i played 1 mock franchise, completed 1 month schedule and got good results, and I decided that i will start anew and will now use Opening Day Rosters.

now can i ask for suggestions for teams you would want to see a franchise of??These teams i selected are teams i experienced playing with(exhibition games from mlb07-08 the show,MVP08 and mlb2k9 but never used in a franchise) i always use AL teams and from '07 i finished only 2, both using the Yanks in the show 07-08, and i got an idea that i'll now use a NL team for MLB2k9,for other experience and challenge and hopefully i finish this time, ^_^

hope you'll understand my English

and thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived