Injuries

Cudaflu

Hello everyone,

So about 12 games into my Rays franchise 5 of my starters are on the DL. Burrel, Crawford, Upton, Iwamura, and Price have all gone down with injuries, some of them lasting upwards of 60 days. Since then I've changed injuries to "off" to avoid my entire roster being depleted, but I just think that is kind of lame. Is this a freaky thing that is just a coincedence, or are injuries really that common? Also does anyone know if there is an injury slider, because I can't seem to find one.

Note: This is on the PS3, not PC.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

PC version here.

No Injury slider and Injuries appear to be somewhat broken in franchise this year. (Too frequent and severe).

I have them off in my franchise right now, but will probably turn them on in another month to shake things up a bit.

2K seriously needs to rewrite the code for injuries next year, and add an Injury slider.

I shared this idea at 2k forums, and it goes back to my buddy that ran computer sim leagues way back when we were kids with Microleague Baseball on an Aplle 2e.

If you want injuries without having the feature ON (ruining most teams, IMO), you can do it with "dice".

Assign everyone a roster slot, something like 11 through 66. Roll the dice twice, such as "2" and "4", and then the player with the roster number "24" is going to be injured. Roll the dice two times agains, say "3" and "6", and that player would be injured for "36" games.

Remove him from the lineup until 36 games from now. YOu can do this on 2k9 because you can control all 30 teams.

It does require some tracking and some notebook work, but if you want injuries, it's one way to do.

For me, playing with injuries off is good enough, because most teams, each year, are not decimated with injuries. Of the teams with a great run of a few years, that did have a season where they bwere drastically affected by injuries, the one that comes to my mind is the 2006 Cardinals ... who well, got healthy at just the right time.

There are other ways to "make up injuries" but they're really just variations of the "dice method" such as picking teams/players out of a hat and same thing for the number of games.

Again, I haven;t felt the need for injuries too much to implement any of these variations. When I play with or against a team, I want to get their best lineup. I do miss ijuries at times, because it is realistic, but in this game it's more problems/work than it's worth, IMHO.

An injury slider would be key, but it's to obvious for 2K to include.

On, but Ithink its too drastic as well. Today on tv it was stated that Mike Lowell had not had a day off yet...and they really wanted to keep him fresh. On my franchise I have to give most players a day off every week or two. And if the player simply pinch hits its as though he never had played the whole game and is more tired than he was before the off day.

Archived