1922 st louis cardinals

DonSPa

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&

File Name: 1922 st louis cardinals

File Submitter: DonSPa

File Submitted: 7 Jun 2009

File Category: MLB 2K9 - Uniforms and Accessories

This is from the 1922 st louis cardinals alt home

This replaces the cardfs batting practice home version so back up ur files if u dont want to keep this.

Installation:

1.) BACK UP the file you are replacing.

2.) Extract uniform_slc_bph to your MLB 2k9 directory.

Click here to download this file

thanx very much for the comments,still lots for me to learn im sure theres guys out there that probally could do better than me and know some better secrets,just wished we knew where to change the undershirts and couple other things

bad part is this work im doing probally be obsolete by next year and have to start over again *lol*

i was thinking of maybe doing a couple minor league teams but dont know who would be interested

i was thinking of maybe doing a couple minor league teams but dont know who would be interested

I think anyone would be interested. Remember, mod for yourself and make the stuff you want to make. These guys will use it because they already know you come out with great uniforms.

THis is cool.

I was looking at uniforms today because I had this idea of making a "modern classics" set of unis.

Old uniforms styles would be paired with the modern logos/scripts. (I'm excited about taking the old St. Louis Brown uniforms, and combining them with the modern Baltimore Orioles scripts & colors for something unique, ... or the Washington National logos with the 80s expos unis, as examples.)

I was thinking of this so I could use the bump/texture/dds images that come with the game, because I haven't been able to make my own. Merging, via photoshop, different texture images from one to another doesn't always work (Ex: Taking the StL bump from the Cardinals hat and moving it to the jersey to create a custom uni), and I was looking at this '22 Cardinals jersey to be paired up with the modern "StL" hat logo and "Birds on a Bat".

Hey, thanks for saving me the work, brother. *grin*

If you don;t mind, I'd like to take the styles that you've made, put the modern logos/scripts on them, and combine them with the bump/texture image. I'd give you credit for the ones I use, if you willing to let me borrow.

I promise to split my profts 50/50. :D

I'd also be willing to send you the photoshop template I have which has a variety of layer styles on it (70's padres sleeves, 5-stripe A's sleeves, 70's toronto pants stripes/waistband, 83 ChiSox jersey stripes, and the other crazy uniform stuff I've been experimenting with in my franchise thread, etc). You probably already have something similar set up and had the same ideas ... but I'm offering.

yeah circle go ahead and use whatever u need its ok by me.Im one of these kinda guys that i feel if my works helps someone else to come up with something better then go for it,so if anyone wants to use something from me then go ahead.To me all modders etc are in this together to make the game better.

I know what u mean about the green bump textures,This is probally the hardest area i have.Im not sure how others do these but i found that using the heal tool to go around the logos it helps makes the under stitching disappear,only problem ive come across sometimes it leaves a light spot that shows.I have done the mix and match method as well *lol*

oh yeah while im thinking of it circle are u doing the actual old 72 -73 padres with the ugly mustard uni or your own design??

It would be the 'baby poop and mustard' style jersey, with the modern Padres and San Diego script ... but the scripts would be in the same poop and mustard color.

I'm one of those guys that thinks the unfiroms hit their stride in the 70s and 80s ... teams took risks, instead of just going plan/classic.

As another example, the A's "Dandelions" (green and yellow) unis would have that same style, only with the modern "Oakland" and "Athletics" cursive script across the front, in the 70s green and yellow color.

It's actually very fast and easy.

I'll post an example of the 22 Cardinals unis and what I am trying to do. I just looked up the 1922 jerseys at "Dressed to the Nines" in the online Hall of Fame, and they actually have pinstripes on them ... So I'm going to add that, and then the modern StL hat Logo and the "Birds on the Bat" as the jersey script. The logo/script, will be only red and white, and I'll make the 22 Cardinals "socks".

nl_1922_stlouis.gif

oh wow yeah guess they did have stripes,i use the dressed to the nines guess i shoulda blown up the pic more and i wouldve known it was stripes.Ok cool ill go ahead and do the original mustard padres since ur adding ur own style thats gonna look interesting with ur idea

another thing ive noticed is very seldom do any of todays players have the high stirrups,most have the pants that go all the way to the ankle so it kinda takes away some of the old style unis

Here's what I am talking about with "Modern Classics".

I used the 22 Cardinals style ... pinstripes, with the away "cream/grey" color, and the 3 stripe hat. I applied the moden "Birds and Bat" script, but colored it a more blood red color to go with the 1920's color scheme. I added the modern StL to the hat, same blood red scheme, and I colored the numbers/letter blood red, and made the trim "cream" instead of blue.

I'm usually pretty self-critical, but I think these are beautiful.

ludwickfront.jpg

ludwickback.jpg

The idea that got me going was this concept uni I made (below). I thought "Hey that looks like the 80s style jersey on current uniform (button front, belt, long pants, etc), and then I started thinking about all the combos I could make (70s Houston rainbow jersey with the burnt orange, grey, etc stripes ... actually HighHeat32 made a concept jersey for MVP something like this. THen I thought about the Browns and Oriolies, Nats and Expos, Modern Padres script on the poor and mustard jerseys, Brewers Navy and Gold schemes on the retro jerseys, Brewers blue and yellow on the modern script/jersy <-- Actually I already made these as a test).

schufront.jpg

hey those look good circle. I have 11 unis to do to cover all the teams.With exception to the padres im not sure yet what im gonna do with the rest of the teams.Most have either allready been covered or havnt changed uniforms often.The twins i was thinking about maybe one of the old nationals or senators.I could possibly use the minors for the other teams.Ive normally been replacing either the BP or coolbase unis.I like rroys negro league unis so i kept those in my game and started replacing the BP versions instead of replacing his

Archived