lack of quality free agents in offseason

Disastros

I have just begun my first offseason...

Why is it that there is an extreme lack of good players available. I want to completely change my team so that I am only using about half of my players I used in the season, but there is normally only two good, big name players (a batter and pitcher), and the rest are basically crap.

Is it always like this? And is there anything I can do make it so that teams don't re-sign all their big players?

do u guys know anything about retirements in mvp '05? anything new? I also liked how player's salaries change depending on how well they played for a year. example= Moises Alou CHC: after the first year, he had around 10 HR, 70 RBI and around 50 RS. From his salary around 2000, it dropped to 1300.

OK, taking out the players that I didn't re-sign, this is the top 10 free agents list.

Santana

Hafner

K. Wells

Haynes

Fogg

Larkin

Person

Beck

Burkett

Nelson

Not alot of quality players in that list.

hmm, not a solid list after all. U sure it's burkett and not burnett? burnett's real good in the game. so is nelson and person and wells.

just out of curiousity... was i the only one not to see kevin millar in '04?

nope, everyone noticed, he's not in the MLBPA, which is also why Bonds and some others were not in the game. something the bylaws forbids EA to put a non MLBPA player under the copyright they have with the MLB.

Archived