Auto Fielding Idea?

jackKC

I know there is a demand for auto-fielding… and I also know that it’s almost impossible to make this possible – based on what we currently know anyway.

So is this possible as a workaround…

When the cpu batter makes contact the user fielder starts running towards the ball for a second automatically before it expects the user to take over. Is this period of ‘auto pilot time’ dictated by a line of code in a datafile or a MLB 2K9 equivalent? If so… couldn’t the length of time be extended to make it almost infinite?

This might be a stupid idea, but I was just wondering in case anyone that knew about modding could try it as opposed to trying and find a complete auto-fielding mode.

I know there is a demand for auto-fielding… and I also know that it’s almost impossible to make this possible – based on what we currently know anyway.

When the cpu batter makes contact the user fielder starts running towards the ball for a second automatically before it expects the user to take over. Is this period of ‘auto pilot time’ dictated by a line of code in a datafile or a MLB 2K9 equivalent? If so… couldn’t the length of time be extended to make it almost infinite?

This might be a stupid idea, but I was just wondering in case anyone that knew about modding could try it as opposed to trying and find a complete auto-fielding mode.

ya I dont think there is any way to get it done which is a pain in the **** for all of us that liked Auto Fielding. For now MVP 2005 is your best bet for auto fielding.

For now ;)

when contact is made press the button that changes which fielder you are controlling.instead of controlling the fielder closest to the ball you will now control the fielder next closest and the cpu will control the fielder closest.really works on the line drives to outfielders that go over their heads.also, on the infielders stopping on looping line drives and ground balls.

Auto fielding would be great I've lost games because of no auto fielding <_< !

when contact is made press the button that changes which fielder you are controlling.instead of controlling the fielder closest to the ball you will now control the fielder next closest and the cpu will control the fielder closest.really works on the line drives to outfielders that go over their heads.also, on the infielders stopping on looping line drives and ground balls.

I tried, and it works great.

It's kind of semi-auto fielding, the fielder whom I didn't control made the catch, but still have to throw myself.

This is great, thanks. ^_^

hey thanx for this tip works great actually played a agem without giving up a triple or inside the parker off of what should have been an out or a single at most nothing worse for an outfielder to be right under the ball and just as the ball gets there the OF jumps out of the way of the ball this tip stopped that for me

Auto Fielding? Are you serious?

Why not just set it to CPU vs CPU then sit back and watch

I don't know about the person to whom you replied, but I use auto fielding because at my age reflexes are not that good. On the other hand, this is a game and we are not playing for money or trying to get to the big leagues. So, some of us like to pitch and hit and leave the game on auto fielding.

Autofielding balances out the game because the computer opponent doesn't make any of the stupid mistakes that the human player does. Without autofielding, the cpu has the edge.

Well, I have seen the CPU make some stupid mistakes, but I see them more for me using auto fielding. I agree with you the CPU has an edge when we use auto fielding. I just love it when the ball goes to my first baseman and he stands there looking out at the crowd while the runner reaches first safely.

Auto Fielding? Are you serious?

Why not just set it to CPU vs CPU then sit back and watch

Yea, auto fielding because the game sucks and would benefit from it.

CPU vs CPU is nothing like Human vs CPU with auto fielding. Your metaphor fails.

for me the auto fielding works best when its easy pop ups ,running after the ball i have no problem but on easy pop ups way too many times my outfielder will be waiting for the ball and suddenly jump out of the way and the batter ends up with a triple or inside the parker and ive lost games because of an outfielder jumping away from the ball.If i lose id rather it be because of my mistakes and not from a computer glitch

Hey Don, have you tried holding down the "throw to cut-off man" button after your outfielder reaches the circle? It seems to help considerably. As for auto-fielding, I would love the option- subjecting a gold glove fielder to the limitations of my reflexes undermines any attempt at fielding realism. Besides, I might like to have a few cold ones while I play.... :drinks:

no never tried that ,usually il allready know what base i want to throw to so as soon as the ball is hit and im positioned i start tapping to the base im gonna throw to,sometimes i get lucky and the fielder doesnt get ball frieght and jump out of the way *lol* i found that when im chasing the ball i do better than the auto fielding ive screwed myself up by switching so i try and use it on just the easy pop ups

Archived