Snake Bytes -- 2009 Arizona Dbacks Dynasty

CircleChange11

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

g12pic.jpg

This should be a GREAT 2-1 game.

g12boxscore.jpg

... or not. Took quite a few pitches against unit, and fouled off A LOT of 2-strikes pitches.

Combined singles with bombs to take an early lead. SF manager visited Unit on the mound.

The screen read "Pitcher's Reaction: NEGATIVE". Classic.

My bullpen continues to make games interesting. Start with a 9-0 lead, and have to bring in

the closer in the 9th with the winning run at the plate. Geez.

g12pic2.jpg

Yes ... I am using box extractor old (not, express).

The only images I edit are the Gadwin print screen images.

Not sure what it could be.  I'm using the Express version.  The only other thing I could think of would be to try to open the extractor files in a different browser, see if that helps.

Great updates, looks like you broke out some timber in the last one.  If I give up 8 runs, that means I'm usually losing by 6.   :)

I'm playing on a 17-inch flatscreen monitor.

My school was just throwing away or selling large Gateway Destination monitors (about 6-7 years old) that has a 34-36 in screen. Now, I remember why I stopped using it, you cannot go over 640x480 resolution. I wish they would have told me that before I loaded that beast in my truck (by myself).

I did change the resolution to 1024x740 or something like that. I've been fooling around with different resolutions and settings.

I just wondered, a couple of your pics look a little stretched, so to speak.  I was playing on a 22" Widescreen and opted to thieve the boy's 19" Flat screen because of the same reason.   :ph34r::)

No offense, your updates look great and it's hardly noticeable, I was just curious because (before I swiped the other monitor) I had to be careful when trying to size my pics to get them to look right.

Either way, your templates look great, very imaginative and a good variety information.  Keep up the good work, man, great stuff so far!

I don't know where I got the 1024x740 from or whatever I was. I punched it in once, and I guess it just stuck in mind.

Your question made me look up the resolution, and I should have been using 1280x1024. I did that for my last game and the difference was dramatic (screen looked BIG) ... made fielding a lot easier too.

Thanks man. I'm gonna go with the 3rd image, the snakeskin with the faded colors, but break out with "Stainless Steel" (Image 1) from time to time. I'm also working on a sand/desrt type update. Gonna mes around the with text and see if I can bring out the font a little bit, also going to highlt the player of the games stats. Little stuff.

Now, I gotta apply some of this polished snakeskin look to the "Snake Bytes" page and possibly make a franchise banner.

I may replace the snakeskin backround with an actual 'striking rattlesnake" picture of the same hue (It's the background image of 'Snake Bytes' ... not that anyone could tell with all the info covering it.)

Rockies Go To Helton, Burn AZ 5-3

HR's by Atkins and Helton Lead Colorado to Win

g14Update.jpg

g14highlight.jpg

Arizona pitchers continue to give up the longball as COL capitalizes on 2 round trippers.

Co-Jack continues to be a staple in the AZ lineup, as rookies Whitesell and Parra keep

up their solid play.

Game 2 of 3

Very nice, CC, the presentation gets better everytime you post.  Great job.

Ouch on the loss though.. B)

Colorado absolutely man handles me everytime I play them.  You just should start throwing at their heads, "re adjust" their lineup.

Mad Max's Shutout Prevents Sweep

Scherzer & Whitesell: A Winning Combination

g15Update.jpg

g15highlight.jpg

Righty phenom, Max Scherzer (3-0) continues his impressive start, leading the DBacks to

a slim 2-0 win. THe victory prevents the Rockies from sweeping at Chase Field. So far,

Arizona is 2-4 against Colorado.

The Dacks will host the rival San Fransisco Giants in a 3 game series and a rematch with

Randy and Timmy.

Game 3 of 3

Very nice, CC, the presentation gets better everytime you post.  Great job.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Thanks for the inspiration and assistance.

Ouch on the loss though.. B)

I'm getting used to it.

Colorado absolutely man handles me everytime I play them.  You just should start throwing at their heads, "re adjust" their lineup.

I did throw at them. But the controller just cracked my monitor. Is that what you meant?

4 Homers Lead Giants Over DBacks In Opener

Zito Thrives; Webb Struggles

G16UPDATE.jpg

G16highlight.jpg

April 20, 2009 - Phoenix, AZ -- After unloading on the Giants' pitching staff for 24 runs in

a 3 game series just a week ago, the Diamondbacks were looking for more of the same

in this series at Chase Field. The Snakes couldn't have been more wrong. Lefty Barry

Zito took a big step toward regaining his Cy Young form with a very good pitching performance.

Arizona got off to a good start in the 3rd when C Chris Snyder launched his 2nd HR of the

season to give AZ a 1-0 lead. The home squad would double the lead to 2-0 the very next

inning as Conor Jackson singled home SS Stephen Drew. With Webb cruising, all signs

pointed to a DBacks win.

Matt Downs led of SF's 6th with a solo HR tha cut the lead in half. Webb composed himself

and fanned the next 2 hitters. Pablo "Panda" Sandoval capitalized on a Webb mistake,

tying the game 2-2 on a solo blast of his own.

Webb continued to run hot & cold with his location in the 7th. After striking out Ishikawa,

Aaron Rowand and Benji Molina hit back-to-back HRs giving SFG a 4-2 lead, and that

would be all Zito and Howry would need to close out the game and giving SF a 1-0 lead

in the series.

Webb seemed annoyed when asked about the health of his shoulder, "It sure felt good

through the first 5 innings and the 8th?" Webb continues to be plagued by the longball, giving

up 7 HRs through 4 starts. He fell to 1-3 with a 4.30 ERA following the loss. It doesn't

get better for Arizona, as they face Tim Lincecum tomorrow night. 'The Freak' beat AZ

5-2 on April 14th, earning his 1st win of the season.

Game 1 of 3

Lincecum Beats Arizona For the 2nd Time in a Week

'The Freak' 1-Hits AZ Through 8 Innings

G17UPDATE.jpg

G17highlight.jpg

April 21, 2009 - Phoenix, AZ -- Facing Tim Lincecum is not what a struggling offense needs

to get back on the right track. 'The Freak' continues his dominance over the DBacks with

another outstanding performance.

Haren and Lincecum were locked in a 0-0 pitcher's duel until the 5th, when AZ got on the

board first on an RBI single by Rookie OF Gerardo Parra. SF would tie the game in the 7th

on a solo HR by Travis Ishikawa and the game would remain locked 1-1 until the 9th.

With 2-out and 2-out, Matt Downs doubled home both runners to give SF a 3-1 lead. Haren

would finish the 9th inducing Randy Winn into an inning-ending ground out.

SF Manager, Bruce Bochy, took his career in his hands when he removed Lincecum, who

was 1-hitting the DBacks for closer Bob Howry. THe move looked to be even worse when

the first 2 batters for Arizona reached base via singles by Stephen Drew and Conor

Jackson. With 2-on and no outs, Arizona's big bat Mark Reynolds came to the plate and

struck out, followed by a fly out by Josh Whitesell. Struggling Justin Upton would hit a

weak grounder to end the game.

Following the game, Bob Melvin was questioned on rumors that his job was in jeopardy

because of Arizona's poor offensive start against division rivals. Melvin responded,

"I have a Hinch, I mean hunch, that the club is exploring their options. But, all I can do

is get our guys ready to face 'The Unit' tomorrow"

In 2 games, Lincecum has held to DBacks to 4 runs on 8 hits, while fanning 15 over 16.2 IP.

Game 2 of 3

Arizona Still Has Unit's Number; Win 9-1

Doug Davis & 7 DBack Doubles Get the Job Done

G18highlight.jpg

G18UPDATE-HIGHLIGHT.jpg

April 22, 2009 - Phoenix, AZ -- While Tim Lincecum is making a living shutting down the

Arizona hitters, Randy Johnson may be ending his career. For the second time in less than

a week the DBacks were able to unload on Johnson.

With Davis and JOhnson dealing effectively through the first 3 innings, Arizona cut loose on

Johnson by starting the 4th with 4 straight hits including doubles by Upton and Drew. Felix

Lopez would plate the final 2 runs of the inning on a 2-Run double, giving AZ a 4-0 lead.

The offense would keep the momentum in the 4th when they scored 3 more runs on 5 hits,

including two more doubles by (once again) Upton and Drew. Johnson would exit the game

but the Arizona onslaught would continue by 4 straight hits (again?!) to start the 6th, jumping

to a 9-1 lead. Yusmeiro Petit would pit well over the final 3 innings to earn the "3 Inning Save".

When asked about giving up 14 runs on 22 hits over 6.2 IP to Arizona, Johnson angrily looked

at reporters, stood up from his stool, and no one stuck around to hear his reply. I bet it was

something good, though.

The day finished off with some good news for the Diamondbacks as the AP reported that

Dodgers LHP Randy Wolf suffered a hernia and will miss the remained of the 2009 season.

Wolf and LA defeated AZ on April 10th when the Dodger hurler allowed just 2 runs on

4 hits in a complete game victory over Webb and the DBacks. Good riddance.

Game 3 of 3

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't updated here since posting at VSN. I'm up to 46 games played and wondering what I want to do from here: [1] sim up to current date, [2] alt sim/play to catch up, [3] just play all the games even if it runs into november.

I'm not really sure what to do, although I'm leaning towards #3.

Series Game 1; Season Game 19

Garland Starts Off Series With Strong Outing; Wins 7-3

DBacks Hitters Jump Out of Slump With 16 Hits

G19UPDATE.jpg

g19highlight.jpg

g19keyinning.jpg

April 23, 2009 - Phoenix, AZ -- Jon Garland picked a great time to deliver a high quality start facing the 1st place Cubbies in Game 1 of the series at Chase Field. The bats jumped to life, delivering 16 hits and 7 runs to down Chicago.

Arizona took the lead in the 4th as Montero and Lopez led off with consecutive singles, and both runners would come hom on back-to-back doubles by Drew and Jackson with 1-out.

The DBacks would double their lead in the following inning via an RBI single by Upton (plating Whitesell who led off with a double) and an RBI single that scored Upton. ARZ 4-0.

The Cubs would get back into the game in the 8th courtesy of 2 ARZ errors, leading to 3 Cub runs, 2 as a result of Derek Lee triple. All 3 runs would be unearned. Arizona 4-3.

Arizona reclaimed those 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th on 3 straight singles by Parra, Snyder, and Young following a lead off base knock by Whitesell and an Upton base on balls. ARZ 7-3.

Archived