The Old Dudes Dynasty

bigpapifan

Well, I guess it's time for me to start a dynasty. I've been reading the thread here in the forum, and it's kind of addicting.

But I'd like to do something different. The Old Dudes Dynasty

Yep. I wanna play a dynasty with old players. What's fun about playing with young, talented guys, that have a lot of years to come? I wanna play with some guys that know retirement is on the corner.

However, I need help. Lots of help. I haven't played the game as much as most of you guys have, so I don't know many players - also, I've been watching baseball really closely this season, and just followed the previous seasons.

So, I need help with the players is positions. The starting pitchers I think I got it: Pedro Martinez (37) will be the ace of my team. Also, the youngest pitcher, at least starting pitcher. Then comes John Smoltz (42), Tom Glavine (43), Randy Johnson (45) and Jamie Moyer (46). Heck, that's a pretty good pitching rotation, huh?

But I need help with the bullpen. I don't know many players, so I really can't pick guys to be on the bullpen. And, they have to be at least 35 years old. Remember the title - Old Dudes.

I thought about Oakland A's Russ Springer - I don't know him, but he's 40, so fits the profile. Also, and the closer, Trevor Hoffman (41).

Okay, here's some batters: Chipper Jones (37) would play the third base. Jason Giambi (38) as first baseman. Shortstop would be Nomar Garciaparra (35) - he's gotta be on my team, even though his knees aren't solid as rock. Who could be my second baseman?

Outfield: Ken Griffey Jr (39) as left fielder or center fielder (don't know yet). Cliff Floyd (37) as right fielder or center fielder.

Maybe Garret Anderson as LF, Griffey as CF and Floyd as RF?

But that's the "catch". Since many players that are old may fit the profile that I want, I just don't know. Google + wikipedia helped me a lot, but you guys could also share some of your wisdom... please?

Well, that's all folks. Tomorrow I'll think more about it, and begin the The Old Dudes Dynasty right away!

Thanks!

Jeez! And the team!?

Please, give me some advices!

I thought about the Rockies or Astros. Well, I want a team that hasn't won a World Series :D

That dynasty of yours was awesome. I hadn't seen that thread, so don't think I'm trying to copy you, I just had the same idea :hi:

As for the team, yeah, maybe the Orioles. I'm gonna select three teams, and then I'll play with the one that runs better on my PC - ballpark wise.

Archived