Mlb 2k9 Jukebox Editing

DYosua

For everyone who has wanted to change the MLB 2K9 tracks, here is a quick guide I put together. I have Adobe Audition 1.5, but created this guide using the Audition 3.0 demo, to help out Edgil, who has it. You can get Audition 3.0 demo here (you will need a free Adobe ID account). The demo is fully functional for 30 days.

First, you have to be in "Edit Mode," which is below the File menu on the upper-left corner of the screen. The default edit mode is Multitrack.

1. Go to File -> Open

2. Navigate to the MLB 2K directory

3. For Files of type select "PCM Raw Data"

4. In the file name box, type in "*.bin" and hit Enter - now all the bin files are listed in the box

5. Select jukebox.bin

6. Interpret Sample Form As: 48000, Stereo, 8-bit

7. 8-bit Unsigned (default option)

8. It loads!

From there, you can make your modifications. What I would suggest when replacing files is selecting an entire song, go to "Effects -> Amplitude and Compression -> Amplify." Drag the sliders all the way to the left (-96 dB) and hit enter. This essentially mutes the track, but keeps the exact same duration so the file length is the same. Next, go to Edit -> "Mix Paste" and click the "Select File" button. Then, select the track you want. Make sure it is the same duration (or less) than the file you are replacing. Make sure the radio button on the left side of the Mix Paste window is set to Overlap (Mix), so if the file is shorter than the original it leaves silence there. Hit OK, and it will likely make conversions (from 44100 to 48000, 16 bit to 8 bit. This adds a slight hiss to the file, but isn't too noticable if the song is fairly loud). Once you've made your modifications, go to File -> Save, then enjoy!

This process is very similar with older versions of Audition, and with Cool Edit I suspect as well.

You can modify the chants, loadingmusic, eventresponse, and pamusic (contains 50+ minutes of the MLB 2K9 theme), files with this same process.

• 3 weeks later...

For everyone who has wanted to change the MLB 2K9 tracks, here is a quick guide I put together. I have Adobe Audition 1.5, but created this guide using the Audition 3.0 demo, to help out Edgil, who has it. You can get Audition 3.0 demo here (you will need a free Adobe ID account). The demo is fully functional for 30 days.

First, you have to be in "Edit Mode," which is below the File menu on the upper-left corner of the screen. The default edit mode is Multitrack.

1. Go to File -> Open

2. Navigate to the MLB 2K directory

3. For Files of type select "PCM Raw Data"

4. In the file name box, type in "*.bin" and hit Enter - now all the bin files are listed in the box

5. Select jukebox.bin

6. Interpret Sample Form As: 48000, Stereo, 8-bit

7. 8-bit Unsigned (default option)

8. It loads!

From there, you can make your modifications. What I would suggest when replacing files is selecting an entire song, go to "Effects -> Amplitude and Compression -> Amplify." Drag the sliders all the way to the left (-96 dB) and hit enter. This essentially mutes the track, but keeps the exact same duration so the file length is the same. Next, go to Edit -> "Mix Paste" and click the "Select File" button. Then, select the track you want. Make sure it is the same duration (or less) than the file you are replacing. Make sure the radio button on the left side of the Mix Paste window is set to Overlap (Mix), so if the file is shorter than the original it leaves silence there. Hit OK, and it will likely make conversions (from 44100 to 48000, 16 bit to 8 bit. This adds a slight hiss to the file, but isn't too noticable if the song is fairly loud). Once you've made your modifications, go to File -> Save, then enjoy!

This process is very similar with older versions of Audition, and with Cool Edit I suspect as well.

You can modify the chants, loadingmusic, eventresponse, and pamusic (contains 50+ minutes of the MLB 2K9 theme), files with this same process.

Which means if the track you mod in is to short there will be silence till next track ? or vise versa there will be a cut of the song if it is too long ? <- no chance of fixing that ?

Which means if the track you mod in is to short there will be silence till next track ? or vise versa there will be a cut of the song if it is too long ? <- no chance of fixing that ?

At this point, I don't know how the program determines when a song starts or ends, so it's best to replace songs with ones with similar lengths. So yes, there will be silence if a song is too short. If it's too long, you will need to cut it down to a length that will fit - otherwise it will overlap into the next song.

Here are some instructions that I gave Edgil when replacing songs (in the Audition 3.0 demo):

What I would suggest when replacing files is selecting an entire song's waveform, go to "Effects -> Amplitude and Compression -> Amplify." Drag the sliders all the way to the left (-96 dB) and hit enter. This essentially mutes the track, but keeps the exact same duration so the file length is the same. Next, go to Edit -> "Mix Paste" and click the "Select File" button. Then, select the track you want. Make sure it is the same duration (or less) than the file you are replacing. Make sure the radio button on the left side of the Mix Paste window is set to Overlap (Mix), so if the file is shorter than the original it leaves silence there. Hit OK, and it will likely make conversions (from 44100 to 48000, 16 bit to 8 bit. This adds a slight hiss to the file, but isn't too noticable if the song is fairly loud). Once you've made your modifications, go to File -> Save.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some trouble figuring this out.. I have the file loaded, and it is one long track.. I've figured out where the ones I want to replace begin and end, but when I highlight that section, the "Amplify" opting becomes grayed out. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Archived