Issue With Mvp And Certain Tools

I have tried using several programs and editors that require MVP to be running to work correctly, i have never had any issue with any of them but now all of them either don't work or claim the "Address Not Found"

The only thing that has changed since i last used any of these tools are that i bought a new HD 24 Inch monitor and new RAM 4GB OCZ nVidia SLI ready, link to RAM (http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=MEO-D2-4096SL64).

I have used the Resolution Changer which i know changed the .exe file but i also replaced the modified .exe with the original and had no luck.

The programs that i have tried are MVPEditor, BSEexpress, Schedule Updater.

I taken out my new RAM and put back in my old 2 GB RAM and the tools work.

Could that mean the RAM is not working properly?

I put my new RAM back in and the tools all work now.

Strange but i don't think my RAM was slotted in correctly despite it the CPU registering it being there.

You'll probably laugh, but something I've seen previously is a tiny speck of dust lodged in the DIMM connector which has caused problems. System registers the DIMM correctly, knows it's there, works normally, but as soon as it tries to access that part of memory that the connector is covering the corresponding connector for, it falls over and although the system still works, anything that tries to access that memory address simply won't work. Reseating the RAM solves it, and it sounds like something like that may have been what was causing your issue.

You'll probably laugh, but something I've seen previously is a tiny speck of dust lodged in the DIMM connector which has caused problems. System registers the DIMM correctly, knows it's there, works normally, but as soon as it tries to access that part of memory that the connector is covering the corresponding connector for, it falls over and although the system still works, anything that tries to access that memory address simply won't work. Reseating the RAM solves it, and it sounds like something like that may have been what was causing your issue.

Hopefully it was something as simple as that :)

I have also been waking up to my computer having restarted as well because of some system error and i am starting to think this is all linked and it all was something as simple as some dust or it not being placed in the Motherboard fully.

From what i understand the system error has been caused by the RAM and it tends to happen between 5-6 AM when i am not using the computer. It didn't happen this morning when i was awake and using the computer at that time.

It didn't happen this morning when i was awake and using the computer at that time.

Of course it didn't happen this morning. The gremlins only come out when you are asleep and no one can see them. They are very shy little creatures and extremely afraid of humans.

Either that or it was dust....... ;)

I'm using the X64 Windows 7

So windows is recognizing all 4 gb's? Do you have the correct voltage (2.1v) for the ram? How's windows 7......i pre ordered mine couple days ago, i use vista 64 right now?

So windows is recognizing all 4 gb's? Do you have the correct voltage (2.1v) for the ram? How's windows 7......i pre ordered mine couple days ago, i use vista 64 right now?

How do you control the voltage that goes the RAM?

The OS does recognize all 4 GB. I really like Windows 7, i definitely will be buying it once it comes out. I haven't had any issues with it at all.

Well i turned off my computer last night and i go to use the editors, thinking they will work perfectly but now they don't work again.

I have set the voltage in the system BIOS to the RAM to 2.1 but there is a setting called SLI ready memory that is currently disabled. Should i enable that?

Well i turned off my computer last night and i go to use the editors, thinking they will work perfectly but now they don't work again.

I have set the voltage in the system BIOS to the RAM to 2.1 but there is a setting called SLI ready memory that is currently disabled. Should i enable that?

Ya I would enable the sli ready memory option, your RAM supports that. Do you know what speed and timings its running at? Should be 800MHz

& CL 5-4-4-15.

How do i check the speed it is running at?

Is that in the System BIOS?

Download this tool - CPU-Z

it gives u all this info while in windows

CPU

* Name and number.

* Core stepping and process.

* Package.

* Core voltage.

* Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.

* Supported instructions sets.

* Cache information.

Mainboard

* Vendor, model and revision.

* BIOS model and date.

* Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.

* Graphic interface.

Memory

* Frequency and timings.

* Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.

System

* Windows and DirectX version.

Did you try to enable the sli ready memory option?

Hmmm, well its at 800mhz but your timings are at 6-6-6-18-1T......when they should be able to do 5-4-4-15-2T. You could try to change the timings in your bios, but I believe enablinging the SLI option is suppose to optimize your settings for your system. Have you done the windows memory test since you enabled that? I remember both times i went from 2gb to 4gb....and then 4gb to 8gb.....i had to adjust some settings with my ram to make my computer stable, but i also overclock my cpu and ram to boost it so that's a whole other story. Its kinda tricky. Run a memory test with these settings and then you can adjust the timings and run another memory test.

I changed the voltage settings from auto to 2.1V and this is what i have now got. I'm still not at 2T and i don't know what setting to change in the BIOS to achieve that.

Also how do you run a memory test?

I used to think i knew a fair amount about computers but hell i am wrong ^_^

28727461.png

Use your search in the start menu and type in memory. Its probably similar with vista, which has "memory diagnostics tool".....it'll restart your computer and run a memory test on all your unused ram, see what that says with these settings.

Use your search in the start menu and type in memory. Its probably similar with vista, which has "memory diagnostics tool".....it'll restart your computer and run a memory test on all your unused ram, see what that says with these settings.

It came back with no problems found.

Could the issues with the programs not working be linked to the virtual memory?

Currently that is set to "system managed"

I have also tried reinstalling MVP but still no luck. I really have no idea why MVPEditor isn't working, it doesn't make any sense.

Archived