Problem

SlAyR

Umm....I have a problem with the game guys...I loaded it...and it looked like this:

problemiol.jpg

If anyone had this problem before....can u plz tell me how to fix it...cuz i uninstalled the game several times and I even deleted the registry files for it and tried to reinstall the game...but it is still like this. If anyone could help it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

SlAyR

That is a video artifact. It could be several things.

As the previous posters mentioned, what graphics card are you running and what driver version?

Have you tried reinstalling graphics drivers? If not, please do so. You can download the current driver for your graphics card from either Nvidia.com or ATI.com. Make sure you uninstall the old driver first!

Failing that, your graphics card may be dying.

That's what I'm thinking...maybe his graphics memory is being overclocked.

Yeah, I tend to lean towards that. He may be running a factory OC'd card. Some of them tend to not run stable at the clocks the manufacturer sets.

Probably a heat issue caused from the game since they didn't complain that their desktop was all jumbled up.

What are your system specs? (CPU, RAM, Video Card)

Does this happen on any other game?

Well...umm...the only other game I have and play is the Sims 3....lol...but it didn't happen to the Sims when i played it

To answer your questions my comp specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 4400 @ 2.0 GHz

RAM: 3.5 Gb

Graphic Card: ATI Radeon 4850

Also post what drivers you're using and your graphics settings.

Umm...everything is set to high...but I dont know what MSAA is..so i just left it off, the V-Sync is on, the resolution is 1680 x 1050

That is a video artifact. It could be several things.

As the previous posters mentioned, what graphics card are you running and what driver version?

Have you tried reinstalling graphics drivers? If not, please do so. You can download the current driver for your graphics card from either Nvidia.com or ATI.com. Make sure you uninstall the old driver first!

Failing that, your graphics card may be dying.

I have tried reinstalling the driver and updating it but it doesn't seem to work....however, I just installed Need for Speed Undercover, and it runs fine.

That's what I'm thinking...maybe his graphics memory is being overclocked.

Don't even know how to overclock

What are the settings in ATI Overdrive, and what driver version are you using?

Umm...the settings in the ATI Overdrive is:

GPU Clock: 500 MHz

Memory Clock: 750 MHz

Temp: 79 degrees celcius

Fan Speed: 24%

The driver version is:

Catalyst 9.7 Windows Vista (32-bit) on this website:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/d...568&pid=173

Are you running any other CPU intensive applications when you try to launch MLB 2K9?

Not really...I usually leave mozilla running in the background...but thats about it

79C seems a bit toasty for that card (assuming idle).

Try overriding the auto fan control and setting it to about 60-65%.

Launch MLB 2K9 and see if the problem persists.

Yea....I just tried that but its still the same

Yea....I just tried that but its still the same

Try to make sure that your monitor drivers too are fully installed, if that doesn't work make sure that your hardware acceleration is set to high and adjust your refresh rate. Finally go into mlb2k9 and adjust the resolution smaller if that doesn't work.

PS If you haven't tried make the resolution your monitor's native resolution.

Try to make sure that your monitor drivers too are fully installed, if that doesn't work make sure that your hardware acceleration is set to high and adjust your refresh rate. Finally go into mlb2k9 and adjust the resolution smaller if that doesn't work.

PS If you haven't tried make the resolution your monitor's native resolution.

Thanks for the reply...but i've tried that and it still doesn't work....does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

SlAyR

Archived