MVP 2005 Soundtrack

LetsGoOakland

Which soundtrack did you enjoy most from the 2004 EA Sports titles?  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• Madden 2005 (rap, rock, punk)
    • MVP Baseball 2004 (underground punk)
    • NCAA College Football 2005 (college fight songs)
    • Other (Tiger Woods, NASCAR, etc.)

I don't like undergound music. I say stick to mainstream rock like Finger Eleven - "One Thing" and Alter Bridge - "Open Your Eyes."

"Boys of Summer" by the Ataris is a really good one too. Here are a few more I think would be good:

Chad Kroeger with Josey Scott - "Hero"

Creed - "My Sacrifice" (the same guys from Alter Bridge, just without the annoying Scott Stapp)

Foo Fighters - "My Hero" (awesome sports song from "Varsity Blues")

Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy"

Offspring - "Come Out and Play"

Smashing Pumpkins - "Tonight, Tonight" (from the 2000 postseason Fox commercials)

Smashmouth - "All-Star"

The Wallflowers - "Heroes"

U2 - "The Sweetest Thing" (would be cool for when you win the World Series, plus they are an awesome band)

Further Seems Forever - "Light Up Ahead"

New Found Glory - "Head On Collision"

The Strokes - "12:51"

Yellowcard - "Way Away"

wow those are some good songs.....i would eliminate new found glory...god is their singing annoying

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The songs I replaced to In MVP 2004 are:

Incubus - Pardon Me

The Cars - Shake It Up

Jurassic 5 - Jurass Finish First

Billy Joel - for the longest time

Dire Straits - Walk of Life

Asylum Street Spankers - ma nah ma nah

John Fogerty - Centerfield

The Doors - Light My Fire.

I also wanted to import Kool and the Gang - Celebration because when I was a little kid, they used to play that at the West Palm Beach Expos stadium after they won the game. It's kind of cemented in my mind as a baseballl song even though I think it's just another song to come out of the disco era.

Some of those other songs on there I chose for the same reason. Like the Billy Joel song; I've got this lasting memory of going to a spring training game at the 'ole stadium and hearing it at like 9:30 in the morning, already hot as hell in South Florida, pissed that I had to wake up at 8:00 on a Saturday morning. But that Billy Joel song came on and all of a sudden, it was like, "Wait a damn second... we're about to watch baseball for a while. This is awesome," and that was about it for my crappy mood.

Come to think of it, they're all kinda on there because they'd be good to hear in the morning during BP at a spring training game. Well, at least I 've got a theme.

Yeah, how do you do that? Also, they played "Celebration" after Giants games in San Francisco and A's games in Oakland if they won.

You can't do the music from the actual gameplay, only in the menu. In the downloads section, get a program called the "Ditty Importer." It will encode an mp3 as the right file format for mvp. Then rename the file menu1.asf (1 can be any number from 1 to 8), and put it in the "MVP Baseball 2004dataaudiocdmusic" directory, where it will replace whichever song already occupies that file name.

If you want to change how the title shows up in the menu, y'know, when the track title, artist, and album pops up at the beginning of the song, download Fuzz's Studio, and use the Music Listing Changer in that. Unfortunately, the string lengths for the songs are not changeable, so you might have to abbreviate some titles to make them fit.

I think a mix of what madden uses on their titles is good, MVP 2004's was ok, College Fight Songs wouldnt fit because there arent any college teams in mvp(besides minor league teams), and stuff from Tiger Woods is like ..I dont even think there is lyrics lol, its just like simple music that them golfers would like lol. And you know, I dont know if you can do this for mvp but for the soundtrack on madden, go to the music folder where its installed and you can just rename the songs to .mp3 and you got the songs from the game.

I think a mix of what madden uses on their titles is good, MVP 2004's was ok, College Fight Songs wouldnt fit because there arent any college teams in mvp(besides minor league teams), and stuff from Tiger Woods is like ..I dont even think there is lyrics lol, its just like simple music that them golfers would like lol. And you know, I dont know if you can do this for mvp but for the soundtrack on madden, go to the music folder where its installed and you can just rename the songs to .mp3 and you got the songs from the game.

Wow... I wasn't asking what should be in the game. The poll asks which did you like best. READ before you write.

Archived