Best Baseball Songs

I am a coach for a school baseball team. I want to get some songs to play in pre-game, between innings, post-game, etc. I need special situation songs for a pitching change and any other situation you can think of. Give me some ideas. I can't remember what songs were imported into MVP 05 updates except for Centerfield. I am sure some of those would be great. I don't want a bunch of heavy metal songs or rap. Those just aren't baseball. You guys know what I am talking about. Also, if you can think of special situations and songs for them that would be great. Enter Sandman?

THanks!!!

When you bring in your closer, or better yet, have a rally going on, anything by Crystal Method (obviously the Radio Edits) will "jack up" the crowd. I know it is sort of rap or Techno/Electronica, but the song "Name Of The Game" pumps me up anytime I'm rallying in MVP. Other than that, I'm pretty much a rock fan (Industrial and Alternative/Hard Alternative), and go for a majority of rock music. I do like certain rap, for certain occasions; as well as, R & B for others - but rock is my main forte. Nickelback is good for between innings, Travis or Paramore for pitching visits, Black Eyed Peas or anything with Timbaland for critical energy situations, and K.T. Tunstall or Kelly Clarkson for other moments. On the other side, anything by John Mayer deflates the other team, your opponent - so use that for gamesmanship.

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.)

I don't think there's ever been or will be a time to listen to Nickelback. I'd stay away.

Oh, there is ALWAYS a time & a place, you can always find a time and a place for every group. I understand, that a plethora of people hate Nickelback, but I find them very talented and engrossing, not to mention inspiring in their music. I would rather listen to Nickelback, than listen to Coldplay or any of those other supposedly great bands. My top 5 are 1) Paramore, 2) Adelita's Way, 3) All American Rejects, 4) Black Eyed Peas, and 5) Linkin Park...

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.)

I don't want a lot of heavy metal. I would use something like Enter Sandman when doing a pitching change.

Although one of them could be categorized as heavy metal, most of the ones I mentioned specifically were Alternative/Industrial Rock (Moderate to Light, AT THAT). I just mentioned I was a fan of what could be categorized as Hard Alternative. Plus, I realize Crystal Method is Electronica and has some "naughty" lyrics in it, but I specifically said "Radio Edit." I'm at a disadvantage to help you, because I need peppy and enthusiastic music in MVP and in life to get me cranked up or ready to "rumble," so to speak. I can't stand "lame" and boring songs (in my opinion, that is) to be the audio "soundtrack" of anything. While "Enter Sandman" is peppy enough for me, it is just a little too overplayed in my humble, honest opinion. I don't really like hard, heavy metal rock either, but a do need rock that will either inspire or enthuse me (or BOTH)!!! I think that music is more than just noise, it has to be an anthenm to what our personality is...

Sincerely,

--- vbprogjoe (Joe W.)

Archived