Mlb 2K10: Developers Insight #1: Art Direction

Maestro23

Some pretty good info here. Thanks Maestro.

No prob Trues. I like so far what they've done with the graphics (lighting looks very good), seems they had a sit down with the Dev team that worked on this year's NBA 2k10 (which is dang good for PC). Now I want to see what they have done in the terms of getting the core gameplay squared away.

Ron over at 2K said he's sitting on 2 more Dev Insights, but he can't release them yet.

This sounds good:

This year we added multi-character animations to improve the realism of collisions between the catcher and the base runner for plays at the plate. We also added multi-character animations for pickoff/steal plays as well as double play collisions in which the base runner attempts a takeout slide to prevent the shortstop/2nd baseman from turning a double play. All of these are to minimize the amount of player penetration during these plays to make the outcome more believable. We also updated the movement model to allow for more directional based fielding animations to allow the fielders to follow the ball during its trajectory. We also added more multi-action animations (run, catch, throw all in one file) to allow the player to queue up a throw to a particular base before gathering the ball to quicken the throw to that base and increase the reaction time of the fielder in the hopes of making a play. And we also added new Signature animations for this year’s roster and tried to improve the look of the batting and pitching introductions.

We shall see...

wow thanx maestro ,so far things are looking good graphics wise,hopefully gameplay will be just as awesome,if so this game has potential.I like the idea that they have the ads etc where they belong.So far i like what i am seeing and hearing

wow thanx maestro ,so far things are looking good graphics wise,hopefully gameplay will be just as awesome,if so this game has potential.I like the idea that they have the ads etc where they belong.So far i like what i am seeing and hearing

Wow I'm very impressed with the graphics. Now to the gameplay...

Archived