Mlb 2K10 Developers Insight #2: Franchise Mode

Maestro23

http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/

Making a return from last year are the improved Fantasy Draft and Amateur Draft (which now takes place during season in June), full 30 team control ability, full CPU roster editing options, the MLB.com front end integration, the MLB Futures Game, Home Run Derby and Sabermetric Stats. As with last year our Franchise mode allows for full automation of both the Major Leagues and the Minor Leagues. If you are the type of player that wants to keep your Franchise completely accurate and up to date with real life rosters and trades, you will be able to do that. If you just want to play games and have fun being the GM of your favorite team but don’t want to worry about any of the day to day roster, injury or lineup management tasks, you can turn on the automation options and you will never have to deal with them. If you want to manage tasks for just your Major League team but don’t want to worry about the day to day tasks for your Minor League teams you will also be able to customize your Franchise that way.

It's looking more and more like this is going to be a good pickup.

40 man rosters in ST and in September/October, ability to get comp picks in the draft for FA that leave, both weren't in the MVP series.

The Franchise mode sounds like it's really going to be quite good and this game could finally be a worthy successor to MVP.

As always though, the gameplay is going to be key, but all this franchise stuff sounds really promising...

It's looking more and more like this is going to be a good pickup.

40 man rosters in ST and in September/October, ability to get comp picks in the draft for FA that leave, both weren't in the MVP series.

The Franchise mode sounds like it's really going to be quite good and this game could finally be a worthy successor to MVP.

As always though, the gameplay is going to be key, but all this franchise stuff sounds really promising...

Gotta co-sign this. I think I should re-install 2K9 and just simulate a Franchise, to see what exactly were the problems there.

the more i read the more i feel confident that 2k has really thought things out and have taken time to give us a quality BB game finally.I know theres still alot of questions that need answered especially when it comes to gameplay.I think they are leaving the obvious question for last and we will soon find out.My question right now since this is about rosters is this,are we going to have all real names or are the minors going to be fakes again.Myself i feel the minors should be as real as the major league level.I can understand once we have gone thru a season that the draft of course will have faked names but all the initial lineups should be as real as they can get.I like the idea of the 40 man rosters and leaway on created names.Since this game will be out before the actual season starts i know that we will have to do some roster changes if we want actual lineups and having the 40 man should make life a lil more easier than what we had with 2k9.I have the feeling we may just finally have the BB game that most have been seeking for,one can only hope

They would but sometimes it's not 2K's fault - not all players are part of the MLBPA and if they aren't, then they cannot be created as a real player since they get incentives. And most minor leaguers are not part of the MLBPA so that's why some MLB players are not real and most AAA-A are fake named

Archived