Uninstalling08

Rdneck41

ok I dowloaded the wbc over the mvp 05 it was crashing so im trying to uninstall 05 and reinstall it. i have downloade mvp 08 and have tried control panel add/remove programs and i also tired inserting the mvp 05 disc1 and uninstalling it that way. neither way helped. can someone tell me ho win the hell to uninstall mvp08 and 05 before i throe my $%^ing computer out the window and shatter my discs thanks

ok I dowloaded the wbc over the mvp 05 it was crashing so im trying to uninstall 05 and reinstall it. i have downloade mvp 08 and have tried control panel add/remove programs and i also tired inserting the mvp 05 disc1 and uninstalling it that way. neither way helped. can someone tell me ho win the hell to uninstall mvp08 and 05 before i throe my $%^ing computer out the window and shatter my discs thanks

You installed it over a fresh copy of 05? Or 08?

Should be installed on a fresh install of 05 (unless the readme specifies otherwise).

MVP 08 will not show up in your add/remove programs list. Just have to delete everything manually.

'05 is in my add/remove programs list though.

You installed it over a fresh copy of 05? Or 08?

Should be installed on a fresh install of 05 (unless the readme specifies otherwise).

MVP 08 will not show up in your add/remove programs list. Just have to delete everything manually.

'05 is in my add/remove programs list though.

i have 05 installed and over rode it with 08. when i went to try to uninstall it it dont show up on my contorl panel for some reason. I figured if i jsut uninstalled it played wbc and then would reninstall the 08 version im not sure what else to do. maybe i can try to download the wbc from my disc instead of the folders thanks

i have 05 installed and over rode it with 08. when i went to try to uninstall it it dont show up on my contorl panel for some reason. I figured if i jsut uninstalled it played wbc and then would reninstall the 08 version im not sure what else to do. maybe i can try to download the wbc from my disc instead of the folders thanks

For each total conversion mod, you need to use a original unmodded-version of MVP 2005.

Yankee4Life wrote a fantastic step-by-step tutorial on how to do this here:

http://www.mvpmods.c...showtopic=43843

For each total conversion mod, you need to use a original unmodded-version of MVP 2005.

Yankee4Life wrote a fantastic step-by-step tutorial on how to do this here:

http://www.mvpmods.c...showtopic=43843

Yup that's what I was trying to get at too. :)

If you want 08, you need to install it with the 05 discs, and it will install 08 files, as it installs the original game.

If you want to WBC mod, you need to install the game again. You will have two different installs of the game. Then, you can install the WBC mod, onto the 2nd install you did. This way, you can play both updated MLB style baseball, or WBC baseball.

If you no longer care to have 08 installed, you will manually have to remove it (delete it), and that will get rid of all MVP related installs. Then you can reinstall 05, and install the WBC mod there.

Just as a clarification. You can NOT uninstall 08, and expect your original 05 mod to still be there. When you install 08, it is set up to install the original game, but as it installs, it replaces the 05 files, with the 08 files.

Archived